max

Default Blade question

I am no longer a pro and am setting up a little shop in my garage. I have a
table saw and my first impulse was to buy a Forrest blade. I have used them
for 10 years and think they are great. I have been reading about Tenyru
blades and how they perform as well. Any body have thoughts, opinions,
insults?
Max

igor

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:04:01 GMT, max wrote:

Any body have thoughts, opinions, insults?
Max

Oh, that's tempting.

As for the blade, never heard of it.
Duane Bozarth

igor wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:04:01 GMT, max wrote:

Any body have thoughts, opinions, insults?
Max

Oh, that's tempting.

As for the blade, never heard of it.

Seen demos, never used one personally for long time...seemed fine from
what I saw.
Mike

saw a review a couple years ago, it was fine, but no better than a Freud

--
Mike

Jim Behning

I saw them demoing at the woodshow in Atlanta this fall. They were
doing some pretty cuts. I thought I saw a review in some magazine in
the past 6 months that gave them a good rating.

max wrote:

I am no longer a pro and am setting up a little shop in my garage. I have a
table saw and my first impulse was to buy a Forrest blade. I have used them
for 10 years and think they are great. I have been reading about Tenyru
blades and how they perform as well. Any body have thoughts, opinions,
insults?
Max

Malcolm Webb

I have used them for 10 years and think they are great.

Pardon my asking, but if you have used Forrest blades successfully for 10
years why change?

Malcolm Webb

GregP

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:49:57 GMT, Jim Behning
wrote:

I saw them demoing at the woodshow in Atlanta this fall. They were
doing some pretty cuts. I thought I saw a review in some magazine in
the past 6 months that gave them a good rating.

There was a review of Dado sets recently, and a Tenyru was
included along with the usual suspects. It didn't stand out,
according to the reviewers.

max

I took a chance n Forrest and discovered something great 10 years ago. I
find it hard to believe in that time no one would go head with Forrest/
Tenryu blades are cheaper and if they are as good why not?
max.