Steve Nekias

Default Unisaw Tuneup

I have a 15 year old Delta Unisaw and it's time for an adjustment of
the blade. The only information I can find on the web is to loosen
the 4 screws that attach the table to the cabinet, adjust the blade to
parallel the miter slot, then retighten the bolts.

I remember when I last made the adjustment that it wasn't quite that
easy.

Any tips or websites?

Mr Fixit eh
Frank Campbell

In article , Steve
Nekias wrote:

I have a 15 year old Delta Unisaw and it's time for an adjustment of
the blade. The only information I can find on the web is to loosen
the 4 screws that attach the table to the cabinet, adjust the blade to
parallel the miter slot, then retighten the bolts.

I remember when I last made the adjustment that it wasn't quite that
easy.

Any tips or websites?

Mr Fixit eh

Try here, lots of info:
http://www.sawcenter.com/

--
http://sawdustmaking.com
Pat Barber

That's going to require some precision measuring devices
and some time.

You should adjust blade to miter slot.

You should then adjust fence to blade.

Steve Nekias wrote:
I have a 15 year old Delta Unisaw and it's time for an adjustment of
the blade. The only information I can find on the web is to loosen
the 4 screws that attach the table to the cabinet, adjust the blade to
parallel the miter slot, then retighten the bolts.

I remember when I last made the adjustment that it wasn't quite that
easy.

Any tips or websites?

Mr Fixit eh

Ba r r y

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:48:30 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

I forgot to include the "device"

A combination square, a Sharpie and a blade.

Barry

Unisaw A100

Ba r r y wrote:
A combination square, a Sharpie and a blade.

A popsicle stick and a short length of dental floss.

UA100
Ba r r y

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:39:38 -0600, Unisaw A100
wrote:

A popsicle stick and a short length of dental floss.

UA100

Sumptin' tells me there's a story behind this.

wrote:

Ba r r y wrote:
A combination square, a Sharpie and a blade.

A popsicle stick and a short length of dental floss.

UA100

and you don't really *need* the popsicle stick. just use the dental
floss.....
Unisaw A100

Bridger:
and you don't really *need* the popsicle stick. just use the dental
floss.....

I'm not too awfully sure about that. I've found that with
floss alone, there's always the need for a crusty booger
or two.

UA100

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:43:49 -0600, Unisaw A100
wrote:

Bridger:
and you don't really *need* the popsicle stick. just use the dental
floss.....

I'm not too awfully sure about that. I've found that with
floss alone, there's always the need for a crusty booger
or two.

UA100

if you don't brush your teeth for a few days beforehand, the floss
will be sticky enough by itself....