Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dustmaker

Default Book Recommendations

We have a friend whose husband's employer left the city but he still has a
job working from his home. He would like to start a part time woodworking
business from his garage since he has nearly every afternoon free. (He
starts working early in the morning). He intends to start out by making
garden furniture and structures. She asked me for some book recommendations
and I have a few which I recommend but wonder if others have better ideas.

My primary recommendation is Rick Peters Woodworkers Guide to Wood.

He also should get a book on workshop layout and recommended tools, but I
don't know what to recommend since woodworking magazines run articles about
these subjects at least annually.

I would also recommend a magazine subscription to FWW since it is a classic.
I also think the articles in Wood, Workbench and Woodsmith would be good
idea generators for him.

What are some of your recommendations?

Dustmaker