Steve Knight

Default My new pickup.

Here is my work transportation. It is pretty dark in my underground
parking lot so I had to use the flash. That shows off all of the reflective
tape. You can hardly see it in regular light.
I can haul 100# of lumber in back that's as much as I get at once. The lumber
store is only 3.5 miles away so it is a short haul. In the last few days I have
hauled 100# of shipping boxes 30 miles.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_...ics/pickup.jpg

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Morris Dovey

Steve Knight wrote:

Here is my work transportation.

Steve...

I hope the lumber yard is uphill from your shop!

May the wind be always at your back...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
RPRESHONG

at least you can thumb your nose at the gas stations.

bob making sawdust in Salem Or
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Steve Knight wrote:

That shows off all of the reflective
tape. You can hardly see it in regular light.

Steve, given your last encounter in daylight, you need to install some
strobes, sirens and a smellemiterator set to Limberger cheese to make
sure ladies in their SUVs see, hear and smell you coming. (Well, OK,
after hauling 100# for 30 miles you might not need the limberger cheese
smellemiterator.)

I bet you give a chuckle each time you pass a gas station...

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Mark and Kim Smith

Steve Knight wrote:

Here is my work transportation. It is pretty dark in my underground
parking lot so I had to use the flash. That shows off all of the reflective
tape. You can hardly see it in regular light.
I can haul 100# of lumber in back that's as much as I get at once. The lumber
store is only 3.5 miles away so it is a short haul. In the last few days I have
hauled 100# of shipping boxes 30 miles.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_...ics/pickup.jpg

http://www.bunchobikes.com/image001.jpg

jo4hn

Morris Dovey wrote:

Steve Knight wrote:

Here is my work transportation.

Steve...

I hope the lumber yard is uphill from your shop!

Only if it can't be downhill both ways...
j4

May the wind be always at your back...

mp

Here is my work transportation.

What? No gun rack? How're you going to shoot terrorists?

Mike Marlow

"Steve Knight" wrote in message
Here is my work transportation. It is pretty dark in my underground
parking lot so I had to use the flash. That shows off all of the

reflective
tape. You can hardly see it in regular light.
I can haul 100# of lumber in back that's as much as I get at once. The

lumber
store is only 3.5 miles away so it is a short haul. In the last few days I

have
hauled 100# of shipping boxes 30 miles.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_...ics/pickup.jpg

Does it come complete with the 28 year old brunette to "drive" it also?

--

-Mike-

Geoff Beale

Morris Dovey wrote:

Steve Knight wrote:

Here is my work transportation.

Steve...

I hope the lumber yard is uphill from your shop!

Any cyclist will tell you that the earth isn't round or even flat.

It's uphill in every damned direction!

--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.
AL

That's exactly what I was thinking. Good job Steve!

"RPRESHONG" wrote in message
at least you can thumb your nose at the gas stations.

bob making sawdust in Salem Or

Steve Knight

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:41:48 -0600, Morris Dovey wrote:

I hope the lumber yard is uphill from your shop!

May the wind be always at your back...

a little downhill but not a problem. it is only 3.5 miles away.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight

Steve, given your last encounter in daylight, you need to install some
strobes, sirens and a smellemiterator set to Limberger cheese to make
sure ladies in their SUVs see, hear and smell you coming. (Well, OK,
after hauling 100# for 30 miles you might not need the limberger cheese
smellemiterator.)

(G) though the last time was pretty much unavoidable since her foot slipped on
the pedal. but I get seen on this puppy (G)

I bet you give a chuckle each time you pass a gas station...

more like the people all stressed out in their cars. and the rats on the
treadmills at the health club (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:22:36 -0800, "mp" wrote:

Here is my work transportation.

What? No gun rack? How're you going to shoot terrorists?

my bike is a pipe bomb (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:40:33 +0000, Geoff Beale
wrote:

It's uphill in every damned direction!

Sometimes it's downhill, but only when the wind's against you.
--
Smert' spamionam

Mike Marlow

"Geoff Beale" wrote in message
Morris Dovey wrote:

Steve Knight wrote:

Here is my work transportation.

Steve...

I hope the lumber yard is uphill from your shop!

Any cyclist will tell you that the earth isn't round or even flat.

It's uphill in every damned direction!

Nope - it's downhill all the way when you're headed south. If you don't
believe me, just look at your globe. I know, 'cause I just did.
--

-Mike-

Ba r r y

wrote:

Any cyclist will tell you that the earth isn't round or even flat.

It's uphill in every damned direction!

And then there's wind... G

Barry
Ba r r y

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:32:16 GMT, Steve Knight
wrote:

more like the people all stressed out in their cars. and the rats on the
treadmills at the health club (G)

I'm a serious cyclist, but I go to a club to lift weights and
participate in kick boxing and Pilates classes.

You should see the arguments I have with gyms over the lack of places
to lock up a bicycle. Trying to explain the idea of getting the
cardio on the trip to and from the gym is lost most of those cement
heads. Then again, I also see women waiting for front row parking
spots!

The place I'm using now is great. They have nowhere to lock up a
bike, so I get to put it in the manager's office!

Barry

Steve Knight

wrote:

It's uphill in every damned direction!

Sometimes it's downhill, but only when the wind's against you.

yep. last winter I would get wind going both ways. it's a bitch to have wind
while going uphill.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight

You should see the arguments I have with gyms over the lack of places
to lock up a bicycle. Trying to explain the idea of getting the
cardio on the trip to and from the gym is lost most of those cement
heads. Then again, I also see women waiting for front row parking
spots!

the street I use has cars parked on both sides going to the gym. no one looks
before they cross the street or get out of the cars. they just walk across and
never look my way.
my I just think of rats and wheels (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
DAC

Looks like a sweet set up.

Reminds me of this guy in Ames, IA http://www.bikesatwork.com/ rides
year round....an interesting site when to see when he's out before the
streets are plowed in the winter!

Steve Knight

On 9 Dec 2004 08:32:58 -0800, "DAC" wrote:

Looks like a sweet set up.

Reminds me of this guy in Ames, IA http://www.bikesatwork.com/ rides
year round....an interesting site when to see when he's out before the
streets are plowed in the winter!

I had seen his site. though the trailer kits cost more then I could afford.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes