Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike Girouard

Default "It's a poor workman who blames . . ."

"It's a poor workman who blames his own tools."

How many times have we heard THAT old chestnut? The broad implication
is that talent and ability should be able to overcome sub-standard
tools. Last night I realized for the first time that the expression
was coined a LONG time before power tools even existed.

I now believe that a good workman is fully entitled to blame his tools
whenever he gets a ****ty result. Makes me feel better, anyway.

FoggyTown
"Cut to shape . . . pound to fit."