Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
.

Default Silver Maple any good?

I have some land that has open space that I plan to plant trees on for
eventual use in my shop. I enjoy working with maple and was wondering if
silver maple is any good. It is the fastest growing of all maple trees but
when I read up on them, their downfall as a tree is that they are brittle
and limbs snap easily. Would this be a problem as well when working with it
in the shop?

Thanks in advance
Craig Orput
Camas WA

Identifying Wood Kevin Woodturning 6 September 19th 04 05:24 PM
silver and deming vs. reduced shank? FixerDave Metalworking 7 December 2nd 03 07:17 AM
how to tell hard vs. soft maple harrisrd Woodworking 10 September 21st 03 06:25 PM
Maple Hardwood finish - oil- or water-based Greg Home Repair 5 August 28th 03 08:04 PM