geo_bosw

Default Recessed door, European hinges?

I'm making a cabinet with no face frame and inset doors, and would like to
recess the doors about 1/4" from the front edges of the cabinet top, sides,
and bottom.

Can I use European hinges made for inset doors? If so, all of them, or some
of them?

Thanks! -- George

patriarch

"geo_bosw" wrote in
. com:

I'm making a cabinet with no face frame and inset doors, and would
like to recess the doors about 1/4" from the front edges of the
cabinet top, sides, and bottom.

Can I use European hinges made for inset doors? If so, all of them, or
some of them?

Thanks! -- George

Yes, you can. In fact, that was today's project for me. My door is inset
back about 3/4".

I used Rockler/Blum Hinge Clip Top 120 degree Snap Closing Inset hinge,
Rockler part # 55809. These use a 35mm cup system. There are, naturally,
others. The Rockler store had about 6 variations, with display doors.
(Just don't expect to buy the on-special KBodies..;-)

The wall mounted shelf had been designed to have a drawer in it, and LOML
decided that she would rather have an open cubbyhole. I hadn't designed
the inside to be 'presentable' from a joinery perspective, and so the in-
process change was to a top-mounted swing up door.

The things we do for love...

Patriarch