mark

Default dust collection positioning question

I realize it's probably better to have the dust collector at one end of the
shop, and then go around the room. All the designs I see start out larger
diameter and get smaller toward the end. My shop isn't big -- it's 16x27 or
thereabouts. Could I get away with positioning the DC in the corner, bring
it up the wall and then branching out in two directions, one to one side of
the shop and one to the other? Anything else will require a total
rearrangement of layout.

Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 03:48:41 GMT, "mark" wrote:

I realize it's probably better to have the dust collector at one end of the
shop, and then go around the room. All the designs I see start out larger
diameter and get smaller toward the end. My shop isn't big -- it's 16x27 or
thereabouts. Could I get away with positioning the DC in the corner, bring
it up the wall and then branching out in two directions, one to one side of
the shop and one to the other? Anything else will require a total
rearrangement of layout.

Check out the dust collection worksheet available from
http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm and determine what
your particular dust collector can sustain.

mac davis

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 03:48:41 GMT, "mark" wrote:

I realize it's probably better to have the dust collector at one end of the
shop, and then go around the room. All the designs I see start out larger
diameter and get smaller toward the end. My shop isn't big -- it's 16x27 or
thereabouts. Could I get away with positioning the DC in the corner, bring
it up the wall and then branching out in two directions, one to one side of
the shop and one to the other? Anything else will require a total
rearrangement of layout.

Well, I can tell you what works well so far for me in a 2 car garage
(20X20'?)
I have almost in the corner... damn washer and dryer are still in the
garage..lol

I have a Y on the cyclone and (not very wreck like) 2 plastic 20'
dryer hoses that go where ever they're needed..
Even though my blast gates still haven't got here yet, it seems fine
with one hose completely "open" and the other stuck in the back of the
DC box on the RAS..
If I had a larger shop, or had a planer or jointer, I might run pipe,
but that just seems like over kill in my case..

Dust Collection Bob Davis Woodworking 13 January 3rd 04 10:38 PM
6" dust collection pipes Bob Davis Woodworking 16 November 26th 03 12:59 AM