Searcher

Default HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hope all our carvers out there are doing a good job today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Searcher1

mac davis

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:39:40 GMT, "Searcher"
wrote:

Hope all our carvers out there are doing a good job today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Searcher1

same to you, have a good one...

BTW: do you suggest carving the turkey on the RAS or TS? (I don't have
a band saw, which would be my first choice)

wrote:

Hope all our carvers out there are doing a good job today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Searcher1

same to you, have a good one...

BTW: do you suggest carving the turkey on the RAS or TS? (I don't have
a band saw, which would be my first choice)

Naw, true Neanders carve their turkey by hand.
I reccomend a 2" #3 (English pattern) gouge for roughing out and
finish up with a #11 spoon bent gouge for the detail work.

Don't forget to strop frequently.

--RC
Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Norman D. Crow

wrote:

Hope all our carvers out there are doing a good job today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Searcher1

same to you, have a good one...

BTW: do you suggest carving the turkey on the RAS or TS? (I don't have
a band saw, which would be my first choice)

Who carves? When the bird is properly done(our family specs), you don't
carve it, just pull it off the bones. Much rather have one like this vs. a
"picture perfect" bird that carves nicely but tastes not quite done.(IMHO)

--
Nahmie

Dave Balderstone

In article , Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Including those like your daughter-in-law's brother who are willing to
put themselves in harm's way for their country. A large salute to him and
his fellow soldiers.

From the country north of the 49th that seems to have a congenital
idiocy much of the time, I say... Amen.

djb

--
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is