tzipple

Default Anyone Ever Use A TREND Mortise & Tenon Jig

They look well designed. I hate the set up that I have now with a drill
press using mortising bits. At $300, the TREND is not a lot more than a
1/2 hp mortiser. How well do they work? Any downside?
charlie b

tzipple wrote:

They look well designed. I hate the set up that I have now with a drill
press using mortising bits. At $300, the TREND is not a lot more than a
1/2 hp mortiser. How well do they work? Any downside?

I picked up the Trend M & T Jig package (jig, guides, router bits)
at the San Mateo (SF Bay Area) Woodworking Show for $275 US,
a semi-impulse purchase and my major purchase at the show.
Here's what I've put together so far. May be of help with your
decision. (all one line so watch the line wrap)

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...endMTjig1.html

charlie b

Phil Hansen

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:20:59 -0600, tzipple
wrote:

They look well designed. I hate the set up that I have now with a drill
press using mortising bits. At $300, the TREND is not a lot more than a
1/2 hp mortiser. How well do they work? Any downside?

See it demoed. One problem for me was the use of two different cutters
for mortice and tenon. For a lot of work this would mean 2 routers set
up with different cutters.