noOne

Default Amazon Regrets?

If anyone is suddenly finding themselves regretting their impulse
Amazon binging last night, feel free to share with those of us less
fortunate. I have been looking for a good price on a dw735 for over a
month, totally unsuccessfully. And who wouldn't want a $100
compressor, or a $150 Dado King? Wait a minute, actually it's all
trash. ALL OF IT!!!! Because I'm the generous person that I am, I'll
be willing to take it off of your hands. I'd even offer you your full
purchase price. I figure this generosity will put me in the running
for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Seriously, though, nice score to those of you diligent enough to check
the newsgroup frequently. I'm just a little jealous is all. After
all, isn't that what Christmas is all about?

Well done.

NoOne289

When asked "Who didn't benefit from the insane Amazon discounts" your
response would be "NoOne". Oh, yeah and Amazon. Bums, all of you.

Mike S.

My order for the radial arm saw showed up until after lunch. Now it shows I
didn't order anything. If they are not going to honor their prices shown
they ought to at least send out
a email explaining what happened. Hopes dashed and gloat gone.

Mike S.

Boltman

Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

"Boltman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

You might want to and see what is going on as my compressor and dado seem to
have shipped.

DateTimeLocation Service AreaCheckpoint Details
Nov 19, 2004 04:01:47 PM Grand Forks ND US SHIPPED

DateTimeLocation Service AreaCheckpoint Details
Nov 19, 2004 02:51:02 PM Grand Forks ND US SHIPPED

-j

Ba r r y

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:04:55 -0800, "J" wrote:

"Boltman" wrote in message
roups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

You might want to and see what is going on as my compressor and dado seem to
have shipped.

My wife made an interesting point. The compressor and dado seem
almost as if someone posted Amazon's cost instead of selling price.
A.K.A. wrong column from a price list. $149 for a Dado King and $100
for the compressor sound a lot like typical wholesale prices.

The Unisaw's a bit weird. I find $400 something to be well below what
the wholesale cost should be. If wholesale was that low, somebody
would be probably be selling them for $800, new. I would expect a
Unisaw to go $700-800 wholesale.

Barry
Todd Fatheree

"J" wrote in message
"Boltman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

You might want to and see what is going on as my compressor and dado seem

have shipped.

DateTimeLocation Service AreaCheckpoint Details
Nov 19, 2004 04:01:47 PM Grand Forks ND US SHIPPED

DateTimeLocation Service AreaCheckpoint Details
Nov 19, 2004 02:51:02 PM Grand Forks ND US SHIPPED

My suspicion is that you got your order in early and it shipped before
Amazon figured out their mistake. I wasn't so lucky. But I don't hold a
grudge. I figured it was probably too good to be true.

todd

Daddyman

Nope, I did and got the standard
"it was canceled due to a pricing error. We apologize for the
inconvenience."
Dude said he'd submit the order to his supervisor to see if it can be
reactivated.
I'm not holding my breath.

And yes, an explaination email would have been nice.

Russ

"Boltman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

daryl1138

"Daddyman" wrote in message news:x4vnd.667$0k1.224@trnddc08...
Nope, I did and got the standard
"it was canceled due to a pricing error. We apologize for the
inconvenience."
Dude said he'd submit the order to his supervisor to see if it can be
reactivated.
I'm not holding my breath.

And yes, an explaination email would have been nice.

Russ

"Boltman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

Not sure what state (or country) your in but here in Michigan they can
get pretty hefty fines for this. If the order is taken they have to
sell one unit even if the price is in error. This applies to
interstate commerce as well as I understand it. Here it is called the
pricing and scanner law. You might want to look up any such laws in
your state and pursue it further.

Daryl

Todd Fatheree

"noOne" wrote in message
ups.com...
If anyone is suddenly finding themselves regretting their impulse
Amazon binging last night, feel free to share with those of us less
fortunate. I have been looking for a good price on a dw735 for over a
month, totally unsuccessfully. And who wouldn't want a $100
compressor, or a $150 Dado King? Wait a minute, actually it's all
trash. ALL OF IT!!!! Because I'm the generous person that I am, I'll
be willing to take it off of your hands. I'd even offer you your full
purchase price. I figure this generosity will put me in the running
for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Seriously, though, nice score to those of you diligent enough to check
the newsgroup frequently. I'm just a little jealous is all. After
all, isn't that what Christmas is all about?

Well done.

Well, I ordered the PC kit, and I'll believe it when it gets delivered. And
heck, if Arafat can get a Nobel Peace Prize, anybody can.

todd

Lars

This is not meant to be a gloat, but just words of optimism for those
who still have outstanding orders from Amazon's Thursday evening "fire"
sale:

Among other amazon items, my deep-discount-priced unisaw arrived today!
I realize that I am incredibly lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty
given that not everyone won the amazon lottery (or even got a lottery
ticket in time). ... But not guilty enough to give up my saw.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

NOTME

Mine is, at this time, still in the "We are preparing these items for
shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."
phase. I ordered the saw before posting and I am still trying to figure out
how you got yours shipped first. Congrats on having physical custody of
what appeared to be a dream.

Jeff

"Lars" wrote in message
This is not meant to be a gloat, but just words of optimism for those
who still have outstanding orders from Amazon's Thursday evening "fire"
sale:

Among other amazon items, my deep-discount-priced unisaw arrived today!
I realize that I am incredibly lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty
given that not everyone won the amazon lottery (or even got a lottery
ticket in time). ... But not guilty enough to give up my saw.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

Lars

I think I ordered it before your posting, but I did not read the news
group before ordering it so I am not sure of the timing. I did notice
that when I ordered it, the amazon site stated that there were 6 units
left. I think this was aournd 5-6pm central time.

I hope you get your saw.

Lars

Lars

My memory is faulty. I just checked my email receipt from amazon and
it is dated/timed at 7:08pm on Thursday.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Lars wrote:
This is not meant to be a gloat, but just words of optimism for those
who still have outstanding orders from Amazon's Thursday evening "fire"
sale:

Among other amazon items, my deep-discount-priced unisaw arrived today!
I realize that I am incredibly lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty
given that not everyone won the amazon lottery (or even got a lottery
ticket in time). ... But not guilty enough to give up my saw.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

So what did you end up paying for it? I got screwed out of my Porter Cable brad
nailer / compressor combo. Then today I stupidly ordered something from them
before I read any of the customer reviews. Upon reflection, I decided to cancel
the order. I got that "order has entered the shipping process and can't be
cancelled" crap... even though the order was no more than ten minutes old! I
called my credit card company and they told me Amazon had already nailed me.

So I sent them an email: cancel the order or cancel the account. I don't have
much hope they'll do the right thing. Assholes.

Anyway, I'm glad SOMEBODY got to screw them.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Lars S

Only $447.85 (The list was $479.99, less $25 for a Delta purchase and
less an A9 instant reward of $7.14).

igor

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:49:31 -0500, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

So what did you end up paying for it? I got screwed out of my Porter Cable brad
nailer / compressor combo. Then today I stupidly ordered something from them
before I read any of the customer reviews. Upon reflection, I decided to cancel
the order. I got that "order has entered the shipping process and can't be
cancelled" crap... even though the order was no more than ten minutes old! I
called my credit card company and they told me Amazon had already nailed me.

So I sent them an email: cancel the order or cancel the account. I don't have
much hope they'll do the right thing. Assholes.

Anyway, I'm glad SOMEBODY got to screw them.

This is what I have done in similar situation with them: Refuse delivery
(nicely to the delivery person), it goes back to Amazon and they refund the
money. I've even had this happen without having to make a call or an
e-mail YMMV. -- Igor
Ba r r y

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:30:57 -0600, Lars
wrote:

Among other amazon items, my deep-discount-priced unisaw arrived today!
I realize that I am incredibly lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty
given that not everyone won the amazon lottery (or even got a lottery
ticket in time). ... But not guilty enough to give up my saw.

Enjoy it, as you mega-suck!

My Dado King is due any minute. G

Barry

Ba r r y

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:33:26 GMT, max wrote:

Me too, except feeling no guilt. My Dewalt 735 arrived today. I am thrilled.
Thanks to whoever posted the discounted prices.

What did the 735 cost?

Barry

Hank Gillette

In article ,
max wrote:

Me too, except feeling no guilt. My Dewalt 735 arrived today. I am thrilled.
Thanks to whoever posted the discounted prices.

Congratulations. I was one of the people who posted the price, although
I don't know if mine was the one you read. Considering that my order was
cancelled, I can't help wondering if I might have had a better chance of
getting my order filled if I hadn't said anything about it.

Still, at the time I posted, I had no reason to believe that it was not
a legitimate sale price from Amazon, considering it started with a "this
price is too low to be displayed". Other people here have been very
generous with posting good deals when they find them, so I'd do the same
thing again. I think.

--
Hank Gillette