Larry C

Default Why is the Hitachi M12V so less expensive than others

Hello,

Not a router expert, not a woodworking expert. I have read many posts in
which users said they were very satisfied with the M12V for use in a router
table. It scares me that this router is much less expensive than others
that people have suggested for use with a router table ( PC 7518, DW625).
Can anyone explain the difference in price.

Thanks
Larry C

Charlie Self

Larry C asks:

I have read many posts in
which users said they were very satisfied with the M12V for use in a router
table. It scares me that this router is much less expensive than others
that people have suggested for use with a router table ( PC 7518, DW625).
Can anyone explain the difference in price.

It is near the end of its model life, or so I've been told. There's a
replacement in the wings, I'd surmise, and they want to sell down current
stock.

Charlie Self
"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of
nothing."
Redd Foxx
Robbie

In article Snpnd.19$VG.15@trndny07,
"Larry C" wrote:

Hello,

Not a router expert, not a woodworking expert. I have read many posts in
which users said they were very satisfied with the M12V for use in a router
table. It scares me that this router is much less expensive than others
that people have suggested for use with a router table ( PC 7518, DW625).
Can anyone explain the difference in price.

Thanks
Larry C

Just buy the damn thing. It's the best punch for the buck you can buy.
It is not elegant, but tough. I use them all the time in my solid
surface shop. I prefer them over the PC Production routers.
JM2CW
Larry Jaques

"Larry C" wrote:

Hello,

Not a router expert, not a woodworking expert. I have read many posts in
which users said they were very satisfied with the M12V for use in a router
table. It scares me that this router is much less expensive than others
that people have suggested for use with a router table ( PC 7518, DW625).
Can anyone explain the difference in price.

How about a clone of that one? I picked one up from an Ebay vendor
for precisely $26.19, DELIVERED INSURED. chuckle It even works!

That's twenty six dollars total for a 2HP g 1/2" plunge router.
Mine was from another vendor for $0.99 and this one goes for a buck.

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --

toller

"Larry C" wrote:

Hello,

Not a router expert, not a woodworking expert. I have read many posts
in
which users said they were very satisfied with the M12V for use in a
router
table. It scares me that this router is much less expensive than others
that people have suggested for use with a router table ( PC 7518,
DW625).
Can anyone explain the difference in price.

How about a clone of that one? I picked one up from an Ebay vendor
for precisely $26.19, DELIVERED INSURED. chuckle It even works!

That's twenty six dollars total for a 2HP g 1/2" plunge router.
Mine was from another vendor for $0.99 and this one goes for a buck.

Well, first of all, yours is 10a (supposedly) and the Hitachi is 15a.
More importantly, yours has runout of a quarter inch and will last about 2
hours.
Enjoy.
(I bought a $6 sawzall from Homier. It broke on the very first cut.)