Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charlie Self

Default Another merger

Sufferin' succotash. Just read that Sears and Kmart will merge, an 11 billion
buck deal, with the Kmart head leading the Sears Holding Co. that will emerge,
and the Sears CEO being CEO of the group.

I can see the benefit to Kmart. I cannot see the benefit to Sears.

Oh, yeah. Headquarters to remain at Sears headquarters, with a "significant
presence" at Kmart headquarters.

Predicted to be a $55 billion company, but I've seen claims for larger than
life companies before, including one I recently worked for that claimed $100
million, when balance sheets showed it was about $38-$45 million back then.

Supposed to come in as #3 behind Walmart and Target.

Charlie Self
"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of
nothing."
Redd Foxx