Rick Cox

Default Leigh D1258-r To D4-12

Thanks to Rob Stokes, Mike in Mystic and Leon
I purchased the cam locks, Side stops and updated indicators for the older
1258-r along with an 80 and 140 bit. I got to experiment with it this
weekend and I love it.
After trying it out, I could have saved some money and used the older style
indicators (Selling them on Ebay now) but the Cam locks and side stops were
well worth the money. All told I am about $200.00 in it and i think it is
worth it.

I would like the bits for the larger and smaller boards, do you purchase the
bits from Leigh or Get them locally?

Thanks again
Rick

Leon

"Rick Cox" wrote in message
. com...
Thanks to Rob Stokes, Mike in Mystic and Leon
I purchased the cam locks, Side stops and updated indicators for the older
1258-r along with an 80 and 140 bit. I got to experiment with it this
weekend and I love it.
After trying it out, I could have saved some money and used the older
style indicators (Selling them on Ebay now) but the Cam locks and side
stops were well worth the money. All told I am about $200.00 in it and i
think it is worth it.

I would like the bits for the larger and smaller boards, do you purchase
the bits from Leigh or Get them locally?

Leigh offers the more stout 8mm shank bits and those are what I use. In
some instances you cannot us a 1/2" shank bit. Be sure to also buy the 8mm
adapter to put in your 1/2" collet.

Rob Stokes

Good deal Rick. Glad it all worked out.

Whole different tool now huh?

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

. com...

Leigh D1258r-12 Rick Cox Woodworking 7 November 2nd 04 12:26 AM
Leigh Dovetail Jig-personal reviews and best price ToolMiser Woodworking 18 October 26th 04 02:54 PM