Bill Stock

Default Princess Auto Bar Clamps?

I was looking around in Princess Auto (Mississauga) this week when I saw the
Sale sticker on the 6" bar clamps. They were $2.99 and the bin was empty of
course, so was the regular shelf space. Now they sell some awful crap
sometimes, but you can also get some decent deals, if quality isn't the
prime concern.

SO, which one of you *******s cleaned them out AND were they worth the
$2.99?

Andy Dingley

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:03:04 GMT, "Mike Richardson"
wrote:

Robert did.

No, I suspect that Robin Lee. He gives them a quick spray-job then
smuggles them across the border to where the prices are higher.
8-)

--
Smert' spamionam
JGS

Hi Bill
They are one of that whole group of awful products that they sell (at many
stores) in the lead up to Christmas. You know the type. Hubby tells the wife
that a couple of K bodies would be a great gift for him. She sees the ad at 2.99
and decides to buy him twice as many as he asked for. After opening his gift, he
is creat fallen, the day is spoiled, .... the lawyers are called,...and so on.
JG

ps- they are crap

Bill Stock wrote:

I was looking around in Princess Auto (Mississauga) this week when I saw the
Sale sticker on the 6" bar clamps. They were $2.99 and the bin was empty of
course, so was the regular shelf space. Now they sell some awful crap
sometimes, but you can also get some decent deals, if quality isn't the
prime concern.

SO, which one of you *******s cleaned them out AND were they worth the
$2.99?

Bill Stock

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi Bill
They are one of that whole group of awful products that they sell (at

many
stores) in the lead up to Christmas. You know the type. Hubby tells the

wife
that a couple of K bodies would be a great gift for him. She sees the ad

at 2.99
and decides to buy him twice as many as he asked for. After opening his

gift, he
is creat fallen, the day is spoiled, .... the lawyers are called,...and so

on.
JG

ps- they are crap

Bill Stock wrote:

Yeah, I sorta suspected. But I don't have many clamps now, so I thought they
would do me for a while until I can accumulate a decent collection. I bought
a set of strippers (wire that is) there on clearance that did not make it
past the first use.

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:29:04 -0500, "Bill Stock"
calmly ranted:

"JGS" wrote in message
ps- they are crap

Bill Stock wrote:

Yeah, I sorta suspected. But I don't have many clamps now, so I thought they
would do me for a while until I can accumulate a decent collection. I bought
a set of strippers (wire that is) there on clearance that did not make it
past the first use.

Stick with the HF Pittsburgh clamps if you want cheapies.
The longer ones bend a bit in getting things seated (I really
should be using a rubber mallet for that), but still work fine.
I have several dozen of them. Put some Johnson's wax on the
threads and work it back and forth a few times before initial
use. It makes them much easier to work. That goes for all new
clamps of any brand and type. Screws LIKE wax.

--
The older I get, the better I was.