DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help on some Plans for a Nutcracker (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/76235-help-some-plans-nutcracker.html)

Phil November 10th 04 04:11 PM

Help on some Plans for a Nutcracker

I need to build 6- 7Foot Tall Nutcrackers standing on a 24in Sq Box, for
Christmas, Does anyone have any Ideas or Drawings on how to go about making
them? I have some Ideas but thought maybe some of you Gurus might have some
better ones, I fig'd using PVC Pipe? or SonaTubes? Any Ideaws would be
greatly appreciated...

Many Thanks Ahead..

Phil

Juergen Hannappel November 10th 04 04:19 PM

Phil writes:

I need to build 6- 7Foot Tall Nutcrackers standing on a 24in Sq Box, for

Make sure that the jaws and the lever arm of these coconut crackers
are strong enough and provide a way to catch the milk...

Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869
Physikalisches Institut der Uni Bonn Nussallee 12, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
CERN: Phone: +412276 76461 Fax: ..77930 Bat. 892-R-A13 CH-1211 Geneve 23

TeamCasa November 10th 04 04:49 PM

Start with a pine log, get a chainsaw, remove all of the wood that does not
look like a nutcracker.

http://www.chainsawcarving.net/human...e_carvings.htm

Dave

J T November 10th 04 07:16 PM

Wed, Nov 10, 2004, 4:11pm (EST+5) (Phil) claims:
I need to build 6- 7Foot Tall Nutcrackers snip

No prob. You get a picture you like, then find a BIG Xerox
machine, and make copies. Paste the copies on plywood, cut 'em out, and
paint. No prob.

Or, you could enlarge sections of the picture, a step at a time, so
when you put them together on the plywood, they'd come out the height
you wanted. You'd wind up with quite a few separate pieces that way,
but it works. I've done it for figures 4 feet tall - wound up with 5
separate pages, maybe 6. Just make sure each enlargement is the same
scale. Any small mismatches can be taken care of during the painting.
No prob.

If you want a working version, someone here made one a year or so
back. Pretty neat. But, when I looked in the archives a few weeks ago,
I wasn't able to track down the link. Didn't keep with it too long, so
may have missed it. Anyone have the link?

JOAT
Viet Nam, divorce, cancer. Been there, done that. Now, where the Hell
are my T-shirts?

Andy Dingley November 11th 04 12:40 AM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:11:25 -0000, Phil wrote:

I need to build 6- 7Foot Tall Nutcrackers standing on a 24in Sq Box, for
Christmas,

Google. I've no idea where, but I've seen these before (maybe this
ng) including a full photo-story webbage of their construction.