rllipham

Default Finally a clamp gloat.

Got an email about a rebate for handtools yesterday. I knew of a few
Bessy clamps waiting to be marked down at the local store.

I got all they had (3).

I ended up with 1-40" and 2-50" for a total of $56. Now to send the
rebate form and get a $20 gift card. 3 clamps @ $39 after taxes

Bob

So are you going to tell us which store you bought from?

rllipham

Lakeland, FL and there are no more in the surrounding area. I call
every HD within 40 miles

On 5 Nov 2004 08:58:01 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

So are you going to tell us which store you bought from?

patriarch

rllipham wrote in
:

Lakeland, FL and there are no more in the surrounding area. I call
every HD within 40 miles

Which calls to mind the question: "How far you gonna drive to save a couple
of bucks on clamps?" (at $2.39/gallon)

So, more importantly, Randall, how are you folks coming on putting the
state back together after your recent spate of unfortunate weather? I note
that my in-box is full of discount travel offers to Florida, strangely
enough.

Patriarch

rllipham

Thanks for asking.

I had a direct hit with the last storm and brushes with two others. I
have no structural damage, just fallen trees and a rear wooden fence
that did not fair well. I have everything cleaned from the fallen
trees but I have another to take out. All mulberry trees.

The fence has to wait. I have been out of work since July and can not
tap reserves for the fence. Things have been tight around here. We did
buy a BQ grill after the last storm. No lights for 8 days. My neighbor
had lights the next morning and let me run a cord to the house to keep
the refer and freezer cold. At night we could run a room AC and TV or
PC. The cable and internet never missed a beat.

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:09:05 GMT, patriarch
wrote:

rllipham wrote in
: