Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Ah, memories are made of this! Crew cuts with the front standing straight

up,
longer hair with Wildroot Cream Oil (did anyone every know what kind of

wild
roots were used?), and Vitalis, which, IIRC, was mostly a combo of alcohol

and
oil.

Ahh, Brother ... thanks for the memories! I forgot all about
"WildrootCreamOil". As a kid, listening to a lot of Cajun patois on the
radio, I loved the way that name rolled off their tongue as one word. We'll
start talking about Hadacol if we're not careful.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

Doug Winterburn

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:42:20 -0600, RonB wrote:

And how many remember "Cookie, Cookie. Lend me your comb."?

That's Kookie, Kookie.

-Doug
Old Nick

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:50:38 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

hydroscopic

Please quote source.
Have you noticed that people always run from what
they _need_ toward what they want?????
Conase

And how many remember "Cookie, Cookie. Lend me your comb."?

That's Kookie, Kookie.

-Doug

As in Ed "Kookie" Burns = 77 Sunset Strip

How many remember Odells Hair Trainer ?

Your hair would stay in place in a Cat 4 hurricane.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

And how many remember "Cookie, Cookie. Lend me your comb."?

That's Kookie, Kookie.

-Doug

His son, Logan Byrns is a newscaster in CT. I think he uses the old man's
comb.

Ed Bailen

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:05:33 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:20:55 GMT, Rolling Thunder
wrote:

What are the benefits of waxing wood screws before use?

Easier to drive them in.

Would candle stick wax do?

Yes. Personally I use beeswax, because it's softer and easier to
apply. I've usually got both within reach.

Turpentine disolves candle wax. I keep a jar of disolved candle stubs
(about the consistancy of mayonaise) in the shop and ready to use.

Ed
Charlie Self

wrote:

What are the benefits of waxing wood screws before use?

Easier to drive them in.

Would candle stick wax do?

Yes. Personally I use beeswax, because it's softer and easier to
apply. I've usually got both within reach.

Turpentine disolves candle wax. I keep a jar of disolved candle stubs
(about the consistancy of mayonaise) in the shop and ready to use

Yes, it does. It also dissolves most other waxes.

Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would
promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken