Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Curtis Bergeron

Default Planer Purchase

Hello everybody,

I am going to be purchasing a bigger planer in the very near future and
was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this subject. The
Woodmaster and RBI sure look like nice universal tools that I would love
to have since I would like to be able to make my own 5 ¾" base, 3 ½"
casing and 8" plinth blocks but I am not sure how the finish is when
using the planer itself. I have seen some people complain about the
finish and others love it. My other choices are the Powermatic 15"
deluxe model or the 20" model. I am leaning more towards the 20" model
as it has 4 cutter heads and will probably provide a very nice finish
and can allow me to plane panels up to 20" wide. Any opinions out there
as to what you would purchase if you had $2K to spend on a planer?

Thanks.
Curtis