RE Quick Transit

"fortuna" wrote in message

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean the figures of notes? I don' tknow hte names of them aside from
do re mi.
Take some music and blow it up on a copy machine and use that as a template.
You could use a panograph also.

Silvan

fortuna wrote:

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

First you start with an instrument, and then you manipulate it in the most
appropriate way to make notes come out.

Or did you have something else in mind?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

fortuna wrote:

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Whoops, I hit send before I got to the real part of the message...

I guess you're looking for scrollsaw patterns or such? Probably the easiest
thing to do is just take some on-screen music notation and blow it up to a
suitable size, then print it.

Let me know what kind of thing you're after, and what sizes, and I can hook
you up with some PDF files or something. I develop music notation software
for Linux. Pictures of notes I have in spades.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Kurt

"fortuna" wrote in news:89hgd.22620$rs5.970852
@news20.bellglobal.com:

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

I'd suggest starting with looking at a basic music book...or perhaps
a Google image search:
http://images.google.com/images?q=mu...note%20&num=50
&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Stare at them a while. Then take a pencil and pad of paper, and
start sketching until you get something you like (don't copy...
make what you see in your head, not with your eyes). Slap some
measurements on it, depending on what you're trying to do.
If you want the video to go with that measured drawing though,
you'll have to shoot it yourself.

Have fun!
TWS

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:36:40 -0400, "fortuna"
wrote:

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

Try http://lds.about.com/library/bl/prim...sicalnotes.pdf
or the others at
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+Sear ch

TWS
http://tomstudwell.com/allprojects.htm

Mark Hopkins

I made some really wild musical notes this morning while reading the paper
in the bathroom. Chili night usually does that.

"fortuna" wrote in message
. ..
Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

Larry Bud

"fortuna" wrote in message ...
Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

If you're using Windows, download one of many free music note true
type fonts. A quick google search yielded:

http://www.music-notation.info/en/co...usicfonts.html

fortuna wrote:

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

May I suggest googling for the images, and size on your printer or copy
machine. Then just use tack spray and head to your scroll saw.
JOE

fortuna

Default Plans for musical notes

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

Silvan

Larry Bud wrote:

If you're using Windows, download one of many free music note true
type fonts. A quick google search yielded:

http://www.music-notation.info/en/co...usicfonts.html

That's perhaps the best idea yet. And for the record, if any of those fonts
(didn't actually look) are TrueType or Adobe format (most fonts these days
are) then it's no problem using them on Linux, and most likely BSD, OS-X
and everything else in the world too. No Windows required. Though maybe
SOL if anyone is still running DOS.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:58:13 -0400, Silvan
wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

If you're using Windows, download one of many free music note true
type fonts. A quick google search yielded:

http://www.music-notation.info/en/co...usicfonts.html

That's perhaps the best idea yet. And for the record, if any of those fonts
(didn't actually look) are TrueType or Adobe format (most fonts these days
are) then it's no problem using them on Linux, and most likely BSD, OS-X
and everything else in the world too. No Windows required. Though maybe
SOL if anyone is still running DOS.

The OP might need to futz with the proportions. Some of the elements of
fonts appear out of proportion when the font is blown up excessively.

Compare, for example, Times Roman 30pt versus Times Roman 10Pt at 3x
magnification.

TV REPAIR CRTS, PCBS, PARTS, NEW UNUSED PARTS FOR SALE, MAKE US A OFFER, WE CAN SHIP WITH-IN 24 HOURS User Electronics Repair 7 December 19th 05 03:31 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM