Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default WW accidents. How often has ring finger been hurt

Yesterday, my uncle lost most of the first joint of left ring finger
in a jointer. Last year I almost lost my left ring finger while
adjusting lower guides on a band saw that was running with lower cover
open.

For those that track these kind of things, which fingers seem to get
bit most often? I'm thinking that thumb, fore finger, and index
finger don't get hit as often as ring finger since we tend to work
with those three vs all five.

I think we fixate on the key three and loose track of the other two
per hand.

The whole point of this message is to remind people to think about all
your fingers and not just the ones that are guiding your stock.

Wes