DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Humor:Important stuff about cats (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/71900-ot-humor-important-stuff-about-cats.html)

jo4hn October 3rd 04 06:41 PM

OT Humor:Important stuff about cats

1. "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will
pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
2. "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
3. "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this." -- Anonymous
4. "Cats are smarter than dogs. You cannot get eight cats to pull a sled
through snow." -- Jeff Valdez
5. "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." -- English proverb
6. "As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." -- Ellen Perry erkeley
7. "One cat just leads to another." -- Ernest Hemingway
8. "Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to
you later." -- Mary Bly
9. "Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." --
Joseph Wood Krutch
10. "People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
-- Faith Resnick
11. "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all
owned by cats." -- Anonymous
12. "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats
is infinitely superior." -- Hippolyte Taine
13. "No heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to
welcome me." -- Scottish Proverb
14. "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life -- music
and cats." -- Albert Schweitzer
15. "The cat has too much spirit to have no heart." -- Ernest Menaul
16. "Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God." -- Arabic
Proverb
17. "Time spent with cats is never wasted." -- Colette
18. "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with
strange cats." -- Colonial American proverb
19. "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask
for what you want." -- Joseph Wood Krutch
20. "I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic."-- Unknown
21. "My husband said it was him or the cat ... I miss him sometimes." --
Anonymous

meowalo,
jo4hn

LRod October 3rd 04 07:37 PM

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:41:59 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

Left out:

To a dog, you're family--to a cat, you're staff.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Mike Hide October 3rd 04 08:32 PM

"LRod" wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:41:59 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

Left out:

To a dog, you're family--to a cat, you're staff.

- -
LRod

Thats funny, but true. Have you noticed when talking to a cat it's like they
have call waiting.....mjh

Doug Winterburn October 3rd 04 09:16 PM

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:32:24 +0000, Mike Hide wrote:

Thats funny, but true. Have you noticed when talking to a cat it's like
they have call waiting.....mjh

Not when the food dish is empty!

-Doug

--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between

C October 3rd 04 10:05 PM

Lost your cat? Check under my car...

Cat...the other white meat...

I love cats....fried, broiled or stewed

I will give you this though, it did make me laugh :)

ink.net...

LRod October 3rd 04 10:09 PM

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:05:15 GMT, "C"
wrote:

Lost your cat? Check under my car...

Cat...the other white meat...

I love cats....fried, broiled or stewed

So many cats--so few recipes.

- -

Tom Watson October 3rd 04 10:15 PM

wrote:

I love cats....fried, broiled or stewed

I thought that was Spotted Owl.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Tom Watson October 3rd 04 10:20 PM

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:09:31 +0100, LRod
wrote:

So many cats--so few recipes.

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

Well, ya did ask fer it, sorta.

TWS October 4th 04 12:41 AM

C wrote:

Lost your cat? Check under my car...

Cat...the other white meat...

I love cats....fried, broiled or stewed

I will give you this though, it did make me laugh :)

"jo4hn" wrote in message
link.net...

1. "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will
pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Made me laugh too but he left out the best game to play with a cat:
Tether Cat

TWS

Dick Durbin October 4th 04 01:33 AM

jo4hn wrote in message link.net...

good stuff about cats.

As I sit here at my computer, Zeo the Shop Cat is lying next to me
purring loudly. I guess that is an affirmation that I am, in fact,
good for something if it is only scratching his ears.

Dick "I thought I was a dog man" Durbin

philski October 4th 04 03:48 AM

jo4hn wrote:

[...]

All this and absolutely no mention of cats being frozen or being made
into more-than-suitable pushsticks....

Philski