Jack Thomas

Default joining spindles end to end

I have just started woodturning. Now I have two round pieces of wood I
would like to join together to make one long piece. Can anybody help me?

George

Mortise one end (bore hole), turn a tenon to fit on the other. Tradition
has a gap between two beads or such to conceal the join.

White spindles Andrew Barnes UK diy 9 September 23rd 04 06:40 PM
square turned spindles? Michael Dritschel UK diy 5 March 5th 04 10:51 PM
Repairing Spindles on old Rocking Chair Jim Pettway Woodworking 1 February 12th 04 01:31 PM
Lockpin spindles (pinchucks)--pin dia.? Ken Grunke Metalworking 2 February 9th 04 07:50 AM
Shaper spindles Jon Dough Woodworking 4 November 15th 03 06:50 AM