Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
igor

Default crosscut dado a dowel w/ TS, safely

With my TS, I need to make some crosscut 1" wide dados in a 1" diam dowel,
about 6" long. The dados will be about 3/8" deep. I have a Freud stacked
blade dado set. I am concerned that once the teeth engage the dowel, the
dowel will start spinning. At least it will tend to spin. Even with some
small rubber-footed clamps I am not sure it will hold. To anyone who has
done this, is the torque a substantial concern? Any suggestions as to how
to do this safely? TIA. -- Igor