loutent

The OP wanted to dado 1 inch wide, so multiple passes
would be needed. I think you would need to lock/register the
dowel somehow. If you're talking (say) 3/4 inch
or less (ok, 13/16) then a single pass with
"holding/clamping" would be fine (using a sled).

Of course, you would work with long dowels, then
chop them to the desired 6 inches.

My 2ç.

Lou

In article , Eric Ryder
wrote:

With a decent crosscut sled (just for dados) and a sharp bladeset, I would
just hold and feed. The sled will provide the safety margin.

"igor" wrote in message
With my TS, I need to make some crosscut 1" wide dados in a 1" diam dowel,
about 6" long. The dados will be about 3/8" deep. I have a Freud stacked
blade dado set. I am concerned that once the teeth engage the dowel, the
dowel will start spinning. At least it will tend to spin. Even with some
small rubber-footed clamps I am not sure it will hold. To anyone who has
done this, is the torque a substantial concern? Any suggestions as to how
to do this safely? TIA. -- Igor