DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Back to a woodworking topic... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/69887-back-woodworking-topic.html)

WoodMangler September 25th 04 09:15 PM

Back to a woodworking topic...

I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

After I create large pine wood and MDF statues commemorating the
military service and conduct of George W. Bush and John Kerry, using
only craftsman tools as all real woodworkers do, what brand of
polyurethane should I use as a finish over the milk paint?

Robert Bonomi September 26th 04 12:10 AM

In article ,
WoodMangler wrote:
I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

After I create large pine wood and MDF statues commemorating the
military service and conduct of George W. Bush and John Kerry, using
only craftsman tools as all real woodworkers do, what brand of
polyurethane should I use as a finish over the milk paint?

MAX-WHACKS would seem appropriate. grin

Dave Balderstone September 26th 04 12:29 AM

In article , WoodMangler
wrote:

I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

Why? It's always there.

Dave Balderstone September 26th 04 12:29 AM

Mike Marlow September 26th 04 01:59 AM

"WoodMangler" wrote in message
. ..
I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

After I create large pine wood and MDF statues commemorating the
military service and conduct of George W. Bush and John Kerry, using
only craftsman tools as all real woodworkers do, what brand of
polyurethane should I use as a finish over the milk paint?

Easy answer... To be consistent with the purpose of this monument... none.
--

-Mike-

J T September 26th 04 03:36 AM

Sat, Sep 25, 2004, 4:15pm (WoodMangler)
claims:
I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind snip

Nice try. I think you'll really like this link:
http://www.fursuit.org/

JOAT
We will never have great leaders as long as we mistake education for
intelligence, ambition for ability, and lack of transgression for
integrity.
- Unknown

jo4hn September 26th 04 03:53 AM

Wood Butcher wrote:

None. Put them out in front of your house as yard ornaments
and let the neighborhood dogs provide the finishing touches.

Art

"WoodMangler" wrote in message
. ..

I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

After I create large pine wood and MDF statues commemorating the
military service and conduct of George W. Bush and John Kerry, using
only craftsman tools as all real woodworkers do, what brand of
polyurethane should I use as a finish over the milk paint?

Not to mention pigeons and the occasional flying cow.
j4

mac davis September 26th 04 04:45 AM

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:15:41 -0400, WoodMangler
wrote:

I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

After I create large pine wood and MDF statues commemorating the
military service and conduct of George W. Bush and John Kerry, using
only craftsman tools as all real woodworkers do, what brand of
polyurethane should I use as a finish over the milk paint?

I think a heavy application of bull **** on both would be
appropriate..

hey, it could get worse... you could get the amount of government that
you're paying for!

Mac

Rick Cook September 27th 04 02:37 AM

WoodMangler wrote:

I'll attempt here to get the group's collective mind back into
woodworking:

After I create large pine wood and MDF statues commemorating the
military service and conduct of George W. Bush and John Kerry, using
only craftsman tools as all real woodworkers do, what brand of
polyurethane should I use as a finish over the milk paint?

Oh my, what an image!
For that project I'd suggest a brisk rubdown with gasoline -- followed
by the application of heat.

--RC

J T September 27th 04 09:32 AM

Mon, Sep 27, 2004, 1:37am (EDT+4)
(Rick=A0Cook) suggerts:
Oh my, what an image!
For that project I'd suggest a brisk rubdown with gasoline -- followed
by the application of heat.

OK, that'll take care of him. Now what do you suggest for the
statues?