toller

Default How easy to move a panel saw?

I was at an auction a couple months ago where a perfectly good panel saw
went for $100. I didn't bid because I had no place to put it.

I still have no place to put it, but am real tempted by another auction this
week. They don't mention a panel saw, but have this pictu
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/panelsaw.jpg

What is involved in moving one of these? Will it go into the back of a
minivan without hours of disassembly?

Bill Rogers

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:07:35 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I was at an auction a couple months ago where a perfectly good panel saw
went for $100. I didn't bid because I had no place to put it.

I still have no place to put it, but am real tempted by another auction this
week. They don't mention a panel saw, but have this pictu
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/panelsaw.jpg

What is involved in moving one of these? Will it go into the back of a
minivan without hours of disassembly?

Why don't you apply some of the skills you claim in your resume, also
available at your website?....

"Strong analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills with
demonstrated ability to evaluate alternatives, then develop and
implement action plans
Realistic, practical, and tenacious; willing to take calculated risks"

Buy the thing. It has a saw, some guides, and a wood frame. A
no-brainer. Just don't forget to take some tools for dismantling.
Any auction I know of allowed preview; sometimes early preview.

Bill.

toller

"Bill Rogers" wrote in message
[...]

I have been using links like that for years and have wondered when someone
would pursue it a bit further.
Best problem solving skill is to get advice from people who have solved the
problem already, no?
So, thanks for your help.

Morris Dovey

toller wrote:
I was at an auction a couple months ago where a perfectly good panel saw
went for $100. I didn't bid because I had no place to put it.

I still have no place to put it, but am real tempted by another auction this
week. They don't mention a panel saw, but have this pictu
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/panelsaw.jpg

What is involved in moving one of these? Will it go into the back of a
minivan without hours of disassembly?

If not, why not just strap it on top? (I'd have been /really/
pleased to help you double your money on one of these!)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA