Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2ea Toolmex 3-Jaw Self Centering Rotating Chucks

Any dedicated turners in MIchigan, here? If so, you might want to keep an eye on this auction. Don't know if there's a reserve on this Lot.
https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/121/20630

I'm surprised the starting bid is $25. Though 12 days for bidding, price is likely to go up.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 11:36:23 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

Any dedicated turners in MIchigan, here? If so, you might want to keep an eye on this auction. Don't know if there's a reserve on this Lot.
https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/121/20630

I'm surprised the starting bid is $25. Though 12 days for bidding, price is likely to go up.

3-jaw chucks? Most turner's chucks are 4-jaw. 3-jaw chucks don't
grab turning stock very well. ;-)

They are MT2, which is also odd for a turner's chuck. I wonder where
they came from. A monster drill press?
Posted to rec.woodworking

I wonder where
they came from. A monster drill press?

On the link, seller info. They make parts for the auto industry. https://www.vitesco-technologies.com/en/Home/Company
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 07:18:34 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

I wonder where
they came from. A monster drill press?

On the link, seller info. They make parts for the auto industry. https://www.vitesco-technologies.com/en/Home/Company

That doesn't tell me much about its intended purpose.