Rudy

Default Unisaw Blade returned ! 51 days later

Sent the OEM Unisaw blade (mfg: Leitz-Germany) off with "free" coupon July
19th to Ontario Canada, Leitz Tooling Systems. After one previous (COD $
38.00) remail/decline-return to Leitz, it finally made it to my mailbox
today.

I guess I'm glad I don't have anymore "free" coupons.

Greg O

"Rudy" wrote in message
Sent the OEM Unisaw blade (mfg: Leitz-Germany) off with "free" coupon July
19th to Ontario Canada, Leitz Tooling Systems. After one previous (COD $
38.00) remail/decline-return to Leitz, it finally made it to my mailbox
today.

I guess I'm glad I don't have anymore "free" coupons.

I drop my blades off at the sharpening shop a block from work, pick them up
the next day, but I gotta pay for it!
Greg

Rudy

Opened up the case I mailed the blade in. Its my case alright, has my
handwritten return mail sticker on it but,
the blade isnt the one I sent. This one has obviously had a rough life.
They said my blade I had 4 chipped teeth which they say they replaced. This
one has 7 replaced and one is still broken and another chipped. The
flatsides of the blade has a pattern of some greasy cooked on substance
which conforms to some significantly larger spindle shaft "washer" than the
one in my saw. Mine is about 2 1/4" and the greasy wear marks from whatever
saw this came from is near 3.5". It also had some other name etched into
the metal. Now thats been scratched out with an engraver type tool and my
name has now been 'engraved' on there instead.

So my question is: Beyond the chipped (1)and broken (1) teeth that are STILL
there, if this has/had been properly sharpened, should it make a difference
whether it was "my" original blade or not ? This blade looks "beat".

Also, I test ripped a piece of spruce 2X4 that had been ripped before I sent
the blade in. The new "sharpened" blade cut isnt any smoother than the cut
from when it hadn.t been sharpened in 3 yrs. I had been waiting to get it
done AFTER building the house so I'd have a good blade for doing cabinets,
VG fir baseboards and casing...this doesn't seem to be the case now.

Rudy

"Rudy" wrote in message
Sent the OEM Unisaw blade (mfg: Leitz-Germany) off with "free" coupon July
19th to Ontario Canada, Leitz Tooling Systems. After one previous (COD $
38.00) remail/decline-return to Leitz, it finally made it to my mailbox
today.

When I opened the plastic case I mailed, I found that the blade inside
wasn't the one I sent.
They told me over the phone they had replaced 4 of the carbide points..this
blade has had 7 replaced and there is still one chipped and another broken.
The surface of the blade on each side shows some cooked on greasy coating
which shows that the retention washer that had been holding this blade on
was approx 3.25" dia. Mine is about 2.25". There is also some name which
has been engraved onto the blade..now scratched out/'engraved 'over' and my
name has been engraved onto the blade in another area. This blade has
obviously been beat.

So my question: IF it had been properly sharpened (not with the broken (1)
and chipped(1) teeth as it was returned), would it make a difference if I
got my original blade back or not ?

BTW, I ripped a small piece of spruce 2X4 I had cut with the 'old' blade and
found that the cut of the 'sharpened' blade was not appreciably smoother
than the old (3 yr w/o sharpening). I sent it in after building a home,
hoping to get a nice new blade to use for finer work: cabinets, VG fir
baseboards/ window/door casing etc. It seems this isnt going to be the
case. I certainly dont want to sent it back a third time..51 days..I'll
never see it (or my original) again...BAH !!

Rudy

$
38.00) remail/decline-return to Leitz, it finally made it to my mailbox
today.

When I opened the plastic case I mailed, I found that the blade inside
wasn't the one I sent.
They told me over the phone they had replaced 4 of the carbide points..this
blade has had 7 replaced and there is still one chipped and another broken.
The surface of the blade on each side shows a lot of deep scratches and
some cooked on greasy coating
which shows that the retention washer that had been holding this blade on
was approx 3.5" dia. Mine is about 2.25". There is also some name which
has been engraved onto the blade..now scratched out/'engraved 'over' and my
name has been engraved onto the blade in another area. This blade has
obviously been beat.

So my question: IF it had been properly sharpened (not with the broken (1)
and chipped(1) teeth as it was returned), would it make a difference if I
got my original blade back or not ?

BTW, I ripped a small piece of spruce 2X4 I had cut with the 'old' blade
and
found that the cut of the 'sharpened' blade was not appreciably smoother
an the old (3 yr w/o sharpening). I sent it in after building a home,
hoping
to get a nice new blade to use for finer work: cabinets, VG fir
baseboards/ window/door casing etc. It seems this isnt going to be the
case. I certainly dont want to send it back a third time..51 days..I'll
never see it (or my original) again...BAH !!