Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
sr_wood

Default cubbie construction

I'm making a particle board cubbie storage unit for my wifes
classroom. I've decided that the best way to design the unit is to
make the shelves interlocking, but can't think of a great way of
making the slots. The storage unit will have 15 total cubies all 12" x
12" x 12" (5x3). My first thought was to cut 4 slots on the 2
horizontal shelves half way through and then make 2 slots on each of
the 5 vertical deviders half way through on the table saw. But I'm not
sure how to finish off the cut or if it is a safe way to get the job
done.
Has anyone done this kind of thing before? Would a dado blade work
better? A jig saw? A router? This may be a no brainer, but do you make
the slots the same size as the particle board? (23/32)

I would be very grateful for any ones help, and you would make a hero
out of me with my wife.

Thank you,
Don