DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Senior Adult Chair (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/685269-senior-adult-chair.html)

Olden March 2nd 21 08:23 PM

Senior Adult Chair

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following:
suggest a wood species.
strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork.
wheels for carpet
high seat for easy sitting and standing
very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion.
tilting back
high back with head rest.
strong arms
rotate chair over base.
wide seat.
suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

[email protected] March 2nd 21 08:53 PM

Senior Adult Chair

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following:
suggest a wood species.
strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork.
wheels for carpet
high seat for easy sitting and standing
very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion.
tilting back
high back with head rest.
strong arms
rotate chair over base.
wide seat.
suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Office chair. ... not made of wood - but otherwise ..
The "control room" 24 x 7 units are well built
but pricey .. and not exactly lightweight.
John T.

J. Clarke[_5_] March 2nd 21 09:16 PM

Senior Adult Chair

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following:
suggest a wood species.
strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork.
wheels for carpet
high seat for easy sitting and standing
very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion.
tilting back
high back with head rest.
strong arms
rotate chair over base.
wide seat.
suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

For a 300 pounder you want a _good_ chair, and if he (or she) is a
senior especially so--a chair breaking is annoying when you're 30 but
can be a trip to the ER when you're 80.

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

Scott Lurndal March 2nd 21 09:46 PM

Senior Adult Chair

J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

[snip]

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

I presume the OP, who asked to be pointed to "plans", plans on
building the chair, not buying it.

[email protected] March 2nd 21 11:01 PM

Senior Adult Chair

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 21:46:56 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

[snip]

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

I presume the OP, who asked to be pointed to "plans", plans on
building the chair, not buying it.

.... heavy duty, wheeled, high back with headrest, and tilting.
.... oh yeah - light weight ..
Good luck finding a DIY plan for that chair !
John T.

J. Clarke[_5_] March 3rd 21 12:39 AM

Senior Adult Chair

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 18:01:48 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 21:46:56 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

[snip]

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

I presume the OP, who asked to be pointed to "plans", plans on
building the chair, not buying it.

... heavy duty, wheeled, high back with headrest, and tilting.
... oh yeah - light weight ..
Good luck finding a DIY plan for that chair !
John T.

I recognize that he wants to make it. And as a 300 pound senior
citizen I'm advising against it. I've had too many commercially made
chairs die under my weight (even when I was much lighter) to be
sanguine about the durability and safety of someone's first attempt at
such construction.

Leon[_7_] March 3rd 21 01:20 AM

Senior Adult Chair

On 3/2/2021 3:46 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

I believe you are right. He wants plans.

[email protected] March 3rd 21 03:01 AM

Senior Adult Chair

wrote:

J. Clarke writes:
[...]

+1
A senior falling out of a chair can be a death sentence. A 300#
senior, double so.

Puckdropper March 4th 21 02:45 AM

Senior Adult Chair

wrote in news:1ngt3g9lqs024t01ssv26ge4hjgocri5bu@
4ax.com:

... heavy duty, wheeled, high back with headrest, and tilting.
... oh yeah - light weight ..
Good luck finding a DIY plan for that chair !
John T.

http://puckdroppersplace.us/rec.wood...wbar%20FAQ.txt

Something like this? (-: