John Moorhead

Default Foundation XI - Thanks to Al Miller - Yipee!

Folks -

Well it went WAY faster than I thought! This morning the concrete truck and
pump showed up and my wife, Father in Law, and I poured the footings for the
foundation I've been hectoring the rec with....

The concrete pump was a big help - the whole thing, start to finish was
under 45 minutes. We put a channel depression underneath what will be the
center of the stemwall and some vertical rebar. Everything trowelled out
nice and smooth.

I would like to offer my DEEPEST appreciation to our fellow rec'r Al Miller
up in Washington. He's a former Concrete Contractor and has been absolutely
selfless in offering his tips and wisdom to make the job go smoother. He
even gave me his cell # if I got in a pinch. This is EXACTLY the sort of
thing I have come to appreciate with the rec and all of the "good eggs"
here.

Thursday we are going to start on the stemwall forms. Pics to follow in
ABPW. You've been warned.

John Moorhead

patriarch

"Al Miller" wrote in
:

Wait 'til he gets my fee for consulting then see what he says.

Al

Wait 'til he posts your cell number here for any of us to call you. ;-)

Patriarch
John Moorhead

Pat -

Ha! Touche!