DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Charlie Self Civil Suit (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/67598-charlie-self-civil-suit.html)

Charlie Self September 3rd 04 10:32 AM

Bob Schmall responds:

Didn't school start today? And do they have access to the school's computers
during recess?

I think the kids have been back in school most of a week here. Been too busy to
notice, really, but the buses are running.

I think the kids have access to computers quite often during the day...lots of
noise about always needing more computers, at least one per kid, or some such.

Charlie Self
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never
learned to walk forward." Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio address, Oct. 26, 1939

Andy Dingley September 3rd 04 11:58 AM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 00:22:19 +0100, LRod
wrote:

The only thing missing is webtv.

Hey ! We like WebTV around here. It's a lousy browser, but some of
the people behind them are OK.

Andy Dingley September 3rd 04 12:28 PM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 05:08:44 GMT, (Dave Mundt) wrote:

Marcel Marceau is perhaps the last great mime that
I have any acquaintance with, and, he certainly was an artist of
communication.

I used to live near Marcel Marceau's mime school, in Paris. In the
morning you'd see a procession of mimes setting off out to their
street theatre workshops, jaunty flowers in their black top hats and
strangely high-waisted trousers. In the evening they'd return,
beaten, blackened and bleeding.

Can't abide mimes.

Doug Miller September 3rd 04 01:41 PM

In article , reply-to, is, disaled, to, kill, spam wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
Maybe it's time to update the TrollFilters again...

What's funny, is that after thinking that it's been nice and quiet
until this, it occurred to me to see if Cody was being filtered.

No, Cody's not in my filters.

Yet.

--
Regards,

David Hall September 3rd 04 01:46 PM

David Hall wrote:
I luv it! The fastest time to the legal limit I have seen in a long time. I
don't think he even had to cast very far or put any stink on the bait. A

master
who should sign up for the next bass tournament event. I assume he has

mounted
a few of the bigger catches from this quick drop of his line and adorned

his
wall extensively.

I'm impressed with his technique then. I compared the header info
between the two Cody Hart posts and came to the same conclusion as
Dave Balderstone. If he can troll and mung his header info that
well, he definitely needs to enter the masters tourney.

Dave in Fairfax

I did not say he isn't Cody Hart (whoever he is) nor does it matter. Some moron
made a simple stupid post for the sole purpose of riling folks up and garnered
a large number of rather heated posts - a classic troll with a rapid and, I am
sure, extremely satisfying response. I am sure that he is a happy moron right
now whether he is the "real" Cody Hart or not.

Dave Hall

Bill Schnakenberg September 3rd 04 02:22 PM

J. Clarke wrote:

Lee Gordon wrote:

Charlie ...

Yes, well...I found what he's probably on about. I located a post from
him libeling me and my job record. In response, I called him a clown.

Now you've done it. I'm afraid you will soon be the subject of a class
action suit brought on by Bozo, Clarabelle, Chuckles, Emmett Kelly, et al,
accusing you of defaming their profession.

Didn't Chuckles get eaten by an elephant while dressed as a peanut in a
parade?

Lee

I saw the funeral on TV. Mary Richards delivered the eulogy, quoting his
"A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down the pants"

Swingman September 3rd 04 03:17 PM

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Sorry man. Rough day for monitors in this froup, isn't it.

I am _still_ chuckling this morning at the very thought of Lieutenant Umbaro
Djiblome of Nigeria.

Great way to start a day ... thanks again!

;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Dave Hinz September 3rd 04 03:42 PM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 00:37:56 GMT, Wood Butcher wrote:
Is this a troll? If so, it's one of the more successful
one's lately. Hooked 50+ and nary a one smelt it.

A real attorney would know how to find anybody's
address, SS #, etc. So the reward is suspicious. Also
slander is verbal defamation - can't do that on a text
only NG.

....and it has to be false to be slander, as well, so that leaves exactly
not much...

Dave Hinz September 3rd 04 03:44 PM

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:17:25 -0500, Swingman wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Sorry man. Rough day for monitors in this froup, isn't it.

I am _still_ chuckling this morning at the very thought of Lieutenant Umbaro
Djiblome of Nigeria.

He's got a brother "Heywood", by the way, but I'm sure you guessed that.
Big family, the Djiblome's.

Great way to start a day ... thanks again!

Da nada...

Dave Hinz September 3rd 04 03:47 PM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:13:01 GMT, patriarch wrote:
"My Old Tools" wrote in
:

all we had was woodworking!

And a little friendly political discussion...

Which group was _that_ in?

Nobody September 3rd 04 03:54 PM

Well, "Cody", or whoever you are, that was very entertaining. I'm still
laughing at the joke about the Nigerian who needs to move some money through
Cody's account. Great stuff.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch about the Twit Olympics, and the great
John Cleese line: "And Nigel has run himself over! What a Great Twit!"

Tim Douglass September 3rd 04 05:23 PM

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:47:14 GMT, Unisaw A100
wrote:

Bob Schmall wrote:
Cody Hart
215 1/2 S. Pine St.
Davenport, Iowa
563-323-0586

215 1/2? Where does he live, between the floor joists?

That's where rats normally live.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

BigDog September 3rd 04 11:52 PM

Nobody wrote in rec.woodworking

Well, "Cody", or whoever you are, that was very entertaining. I'm
still laughing at the joke about the Nigerian who needs to move some
money through Cody's account. Great stuff.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch about the Twit Olympics, and the
great John Cleese line: "And Nigel has run himself over! What a Great
Twit!"

Well a great troll. Everyone else had their say so I would
like to add mine. He's a LIQUI****.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.

Morris Dovey September 4th 04 06:59 AM

========== Original message with full headers: ==========

From: Cody Hart
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Charlie Self Civil Suit
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 23:52:23 -0500

I will pay a $500.00 reward for the actual address for Charlie
Self so my attorney can serve him papers for a civil suit for
slander.. Please contact me with info.

========== End of original message ==========

Cody...

The above is an advertisement (offer to barter) sent to all
computers used by subscribers of
news://rec.woodworking. If
netins.net had a policy prohibiting bulk advertizing, then you
are in violation of Iowa Statute §714E.1, which allows each
recipient to pay the small claims filing fee ($20 I think) and
present a full copy of your message to be granted an automatic
$500 judgement against you (or your parent/guardian if you are a
minor). You need not be present for the proceeding. If the
judgement is not promptly and fully paid, the plaintif can
request garnishment of wages. In any case, it will become part of
the credit record of the person(s) responsible for payment for
the seven years following the date of the final payment. The $500
award is considered damages and is not subject to either state or
federal taxes.

Iowa Statute §714E.1 can be viewed online at
http://www.legis.state.ia.us/IACODE/...NT/714E/1.html

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

VK September 4th 04 08:50 AM

Cody Hart wrote:
I will pay a $500.00 reward for the actual address for Charlie Self

so
my attorney can serve him papers for a civil suit for slander..

Please
contact me with info.

I've been away from the wreck for a while, but I remember Charlie as a
very good contributor. This must be some sort of a troll.

Doug Miller September 4th 04 03:22 PM

In article , wrote:
[snip]

The above is an advertisement (offer to barter) sent to all
computers used by subscribers of
news://rec.woodworking. If
netins.net had a policy prohibiting bulk advertizing, then you
are in violation of Iowa Statute §714E.1

... and (surprise!) they do: "Acceptable use of the netINS, Inc. network
facilities does NOT include: ... Activities which violate local, state, or
federal statutes. " http://support.netins.net/AUP.shtml

--
Regards,

J. Clarke September 6th 04 10:08 PM

Bill Schnakenberg wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

Lee Gordon wrote:

Charlie ...

Yes, well...I found what he's probably on about. I located a post from
him libeling me and my job record. In response, I called him a clown.

Now you've done it. I'm afraid you will soon be the subject of a class
action suit brought on by Bozo, Clarabelle, Chuckles, Emmett Kelly, et
al, accusing you of defaming their profession.

Didn't Chuckles get eaten by an elephant while dressed as a peanut in a
parade?

Lee

I saw the funeral on TV. Mary Richards delivered the eulogy, quoting his
"A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down the pants"

I recall she couldn't stop laughing--was it Lou that explained to her that
Chuckles would have wanted it that way?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)