Paul in MN

Default Fisch Workbench

Anyone seen one of these? Where I live you could hardly buy the wood for
that price. Then again it wouldn't be "Malaysian hardwood" either. Might
be O.K. to use for a while. Thoughts???

Paul

http://www.toolcenter.com/fisch/customworkbench.htm

AArDvarK

Yes I did a little research on it, a piece of junk. The top is 1" thick as I asked
a seller of them. It is also being sold on Amazon.com but with many seriously
negative buyer's reviews on the same sale page: http://tinyurl.com/6npoq
It is so poorly made that it will take ton of tuning work to get it feasable for
use. Even then, the thickness of the top is a joke.

It made in China, the same seller told me:
http://www.woodworkersshop.com/index.htm but for twice the price
they sell a well made Sjoberg swede-made bench that will be far more worth
it and a 10 year warrenty, but email them as to it's size. Same price can be
found at Rockler.com. I was considering the Fisch bench as well because
of my own financial status. Decided to devise my own top for a bench I
already have.

I recommend not to by the Fisch bench.

Alex

Paul in MN

"AArDvarK" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, it sounded a little too good to be true. I guess I should know by now
to go by the wreck credo. "Buy Once, Cry Once". But damn I still like a
great deal every now & then.

Cheers,
Paul