Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody Know What These Are Used For?

My son grabbed some lumber off of Free Craigslist. These were in the pile.

https://i.imgur.com/ABR413v.jpg

He said that the bars are wooden dowels, painted black. The frames are 2x4's.

I have a couple of ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 13:04:32 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

My son grabbed some lumber off of Free Craigslist. These were in the pile.
https://i.imgur.com/ABR413v.jpg
He said that the bars are wooden dowels, painted black. The frames are 2x4's.
I have a couple of ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.

.. dunno .. re-enactment props ?

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 3:04:36 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My son grabbed some lumber off of Free Craigslist. These were in the pile.

https://i.imgur.com/ABR413v.jpg

He said that the bars are wooden dowels, painted black. The frames are 2x4's.

I have a couple of ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Guessing: Crawl space doorways that also prevents critters from entering the crawl space. One each side of the home to allow for ventilation.

Otherwise, no clue.
Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 15:04:20 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 3:04:36 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My son grabbed some lumber off of Free Craigslist. These were in the pile.

https://i.imgur.com/ABR413v.jpg

He said that the bars are wooden dowels, painted black. The frames are 2x4's.

I have a couple of ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Guessing: Crawl space doorways that also prevents critters from entering the crawl space. One each side of the home to allow for ventilation.

Otherwise, no clue.
Sonny

\
I've seen them before but cannot remember where - - - -
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 3:04:36 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My son grabbed some lumber off of Free Craigslist. These were in the pile.

https://i.imgur.com/ABR413v.jpg

He said that the bars are wooden dowels, painted black. The frames are 2x4's.

I have a couple of ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Guessing: Crawl space doorways that also prevents critters from entering the crawl space. One each side of the home to allow for ventilation.

Otherwise, no clue.
Sonny

\
I've seen them before but cannot remember where - - - -

That's exactly what I've been saying to myself all day. They look so
damn familiar.

Maybe they remind us of what John T hinted at: Old jail house windows,
sort of...but sideways.