Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cool Cabinet

https://imgur.com/gallery/mcSSK1g

Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done but
uncertain. How would you do it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/1/2018 7:21 AM, Meanie wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/mcSSK1g

Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done but
uncertain. How would you do it?

http://www.poritzandstudio.com/about/
http://www.finewoodworking.com/readerproject/2016/03/04/transitions-equinoxes

Tambour, not enough resolution to see just precisely how his are
constructed but more than likely something like the latter above.

Posted to rec.woodworking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=514op6Pyt_8

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 1 May 2018 09:34:55 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 5/1/18 7:21 AM, Meanie wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/mcSSK1g

Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done but
uncertain. How would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=514op6Pyt_8

Thanks for the link, interesting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 1 May 2018 08:21:39 -0400
Meanie wrote:

https://imgur.com/gallery/mcSSK1g

Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done
but uncertain. How would you do it?

pleasing to the eye but gimmicky

never tried it

i would find the thinnest kerf blade i could find and make the cuts
then laminate it all to some twenty or maybe thiry ounce canvas

not sure about how i would make it roll smooth but probably use
some quiet rollers at top and bottom

would look nicer for a built in wall cabinet so that it is flush with the
to give it a concealed look

could put the flat screen behind it

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 5 May 2018 09:16:41 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Tue, 1 May 2018 08:21:39 -0400
Meanie wrote:

https://imgur.com/gallery/mcSSK1g

Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done
but uncertain. How would you do it?

pleasing to the eye but gimmicky

never tried it

i would find the thinnest kerf blade i could find and make the cuts
then laminate it all to some twenty or maybe thiry ounce canvas

not sure about how i would make it roll smooth but probably use
some quiet rollers at top and bottom

I have a Danish bed with tambour doors on the sidestands that have
been fine for about 40 years now. They used some kind of plastic for
the guides--it's approximately teak-color so it's not Teflon or UHMW,
if I had to guess I'd say ABS. The bed has smaller doors
though--that solution might not hold up with larger ones.

would look nicer for a built in wall cabinet so that it is flush with the
to give it a concealed look

could put the flat screen behind it

But why bother? When you're not watching TV use the flatscreen for
just another picture on the wall.