Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Heads up on some good buys

Here we are, another promotional holiday/opportunity for the stores has come and gone. I had reason to be in both the big Orange Box and the big Blue Box.

Around the holidays that they use for special purchases and sales they usually have some good deals on impact bits, regular drive bits, drill bits, recip saw blades, and other consumables. When the big day comes and goes, they often have better deals to get rid of their promo deals.

Of course you mileage WILL vary, but if you are in these stores take a look.. I bought a Bosch brand impact drive set at half price, a 21 pc Bosch black oxide drill bit set with index (1/16" - 1/2") at .85 a bit, and found a set of DeWalt drive bits with 4 drills and bit holder with case for $7.87 or a little less than half price. They even had two 18# bags of Kingsford charcoal for $10. Pallets of that stuff.

Most of the time I buy this stuff for use in my business, but I have found that the drive bit sets, drills, etc., make great stocking stuffers, birthday gifts, even just "thank you" gifts, etc. for some of my relatives and buddies.

If you go, good luck!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 17:43:44 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Here we are, another promotional holiday/opportunity for the stores has come and gone. I had reason to be in both the big Orange Box and the big Blue Box.

Around the holidays that they use for special purchases and sales they usually have some good deals on impact bits, regular drive bits, drill bits, recip saw blades, and other consumables. When the big day comes and goes, they often have better deals to get rid of their promo deals.

Of course you mileage WILL vary, but if you are in these stores take a look. I bought a Bosch brand impact drive set at half price, a 21 pc Bosch black oxide drill bit set with index (1/16" - 1/2") at .85 a bit, and found a set of DeWalt drive bits with 4 drills and bit holder with case for $7.87 or a little less than half price. They even had two 18# bags of Kingsford charcoal for $10. Pallets of that stuff.

The local Lowes had Royal Oak charcoal 2 for $8. The egg wants chunk
charcoal, which is substantially more expensive.

Most of the time I buy this stuff for use in my business, but I have found that the drive bit sets, drills, etc., make great stocking stuffers, birthday gifts, even just "thank you" gifts, etc. for some of my relatives and buddies.

Coal for stocking suffers? Uh, OK. We know what sort of crowd you
run around with. ;-)

If you go, good luck!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 9:27:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Coal for stocking suffers? Uh, OK. We know what sort of crowd you
run around with. ;-)

Hmmmmm..... don't give me any ideas!

Robert