Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Now Casting: 'The Handmade Project'

A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type€¦ basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-04-17, Spalted Walt wrote:
A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type??? basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

Makes me wish I still watched TV.

I got to play a hand-made fretless banjo, yesterday. It looked a bit
weird, but I was able to play it like I knew what I was doing (I
don't). Still!.... I now wanna make a banjo!

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-04-17, Spalted Walt wrote:
A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type??? basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

Makes me wish I still watched TV.

I got to play a hand-made fretless banjo, yesterday. It looked a bit
weird, but I was able to play it like I knew what I was doing (I
don't). Still!.... I now wanna make a banjo!

nb

I tried to log in and accidentally told the site I was 6. I wonder why
you have to be older to view that page. Any way I am locked out.

I have seen the guy on TOH recently, he was telling Kevin and the
viewers how to get into woodworking.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-04-17, Spalted Walt wrote:
A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type??? basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

Makes me wish I still watched TV.

I got to play a hand-made fretless banjo, yesterday. It looked a bit
weird, but I was able to play it like I knew what I was doing (I
don't). Still!.... I now wanna make a banjo!

nb

I tried to log in and accidentally told the site I was 6. I wonder why
you have to be older to view that page.

My guess is it's a lame attempt to keep kids from filling out the
application that follows.

Any way I am locked out.

It's a cookie thing, I just experimented with Chrome and Firefox and
you're correct, it will deny access. However all I had to do was
close, then restart the browser and I was allowed to retry/reenter.
That worked on both Chrome and FF. I think I have both configured to
douche cookies when exiting.

I have seen the guy on TOH recently, he was telling Kevin and the
viewers how to get into woodworking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/17/2017 8:58 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type€¦ basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

I figured as much, thanks for the reminder, I deleted that cookie and am
in now, showing my age a bit older. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 8:58:43 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:
A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker.€¦ basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

Sounds like fun. I suppose they'd want you to follow their recommendations, guidelines, etc., but I'd be inclined to, somewhat, want to follow my own shop routine(s) and ad lib, a bit.... it's what I do in my shop and 'most everywhere, else. Be oneself. If not me, my projects are entertaining, I like to think! I suppose they'd want someone with a clean shop.... that leaves me out.

That application is pretty darn detailed!

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type€¦ basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

Here's my idea for a pilot:

Today, we're going to make our project out of Texas Mesquitte. It's got
some drawbacks for the type of work we're doing today, but we'll show you
how to work around them. You may notice our shop is spotless, that's
because we use every scrap! Whatever doesn't go into the project goes
into the smoker for some of the best darn bar-b-que this side of the
Mississippi, heck, even on the other side you're gonna have trouble
finding better!

"Smoke 'n Sawdust" It'd have to be an hour long show, half cooking and
half woodworking!

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 4/17/2017 8:58 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
A new TV series from NBC
Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

http://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter,
a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory
or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter,
hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker,
an artisan or maker of any type€¦ basically any super creative person
who loves making things by hand..."

I figured as much, thanks for the reminder, I deleted that cookie and
am in now, showing my age a bit older. ;~)

I receive "birthday cards" by email from various sites at various times
per year (I hope it doesn't age me prematurely)! ; )
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 4:17:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Spalted Walt wrote in
:

[...]

"Sawdust 'n Smoke"

Not only does the name flow better, but if you do the woodworking first,
you'll have the scraps you need for the smoker. ;-)