Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Duncan Phyfe Stain

On Friday, January 23, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Larry Jaques wrote:
Steve wrote:

Does anyone have any recipies or suggestions for duplicating the
red-brown mahagony stain on reproduction Duncan Phyfe, Sheraton or

"Mahagony"? Is that a Bahstun accent I detect?

Strip and refinish with something like MinWax PolyShades.

MAC: A computer for folks who can't master the two-button mouse.
http://diversify.com/ljaques Graphic Design for Print & Websites

I have never had any success with PolyShades, Rather than the nice even finish one would expect from a stain and poly product, I kept getting streaking. I have had much better success with spraying, or padding, the stain and then spraying the poly.