Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Multitool question

I can find the Fein MSxe 636 II for around 100 dollars on Ebay and elsewhere. How much better are the newer Fein multitools? Is it worthwhile to pay the extra money to get the newer models, like the FMM series?

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/15/2016 9:24 AM, Michael wrote:
I can find the Fein MSxe 636 II for around 100 dollars on Ebay and elsewhere. How much better are the newer Fein multitools? Is it worthwhile to pay the extra money to get the newer models, like the FMM series?

Thanks,

Mike

More than likely most people will not have both to make a reasonable
comparison. Does the one yu are interested in have the features you want?

FWIW I have an older model that you must use a wrench to change
attachments. That is a PIA at times.

Mine also has less power than the newer models. I don't eve recall
wanting or thinking that I needed more power.

I would NOT pay more for power, I would for a toolless model.

Sander or multitool? Vir Campestris UK diy 6 April 22nd 15 11:06 AM
multitool blades Fred UK diy 7 August 9th 13 09:23 PM
Aldi multitool [email protected] UK diy 1 February 13th 12 03:16 PM
Whose Blades fit the HF Multitool? Goose Woodworking 10 May 7th 10 06:54 AM
Another Use for Bosch Multitool DavidM UK diy 4 June 24th 08 11:48 PM