Posted to rec.woodworking

Default brushing lacquer

For many years, my favorite clear top coat for tables, cabinets and the like
has been Deft Clear Finish which is a brushing lacquer. I like it because
it builds well and sands easy; all in all, an excellent product for DIY.

I now have a need for another gallon and it is unavailable locally. I could
buy it online for $26.49 plus, I am sure, a killer shipping fee. Since it
is from Deft/PPG Arcitectural Finshes via Amazon I could buy two gallons and
get free shipping except that I don't NEED two gallons plus the fact that it
ships "usually within 1-2 months". MONTHS?? Alternatively, I could get it
quickly from another vendor but they sell only four gallons at a crack for
about $180 shipping included. No, thanks.

Locally, the only thing I can find is a brushing lacquer from Watco but only
in quarts. Anyone ever used this? How does it compare to Deft?

I presume the availability of quarts only is a result of the feds war on
volatile emissions. Damned if I can understand how me using four quart cans
is less damaging than me using a gallon can. Only damage is to my wallet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in :

For many years, my favorite clear top coat for tables, cabinets and the like
has been Deft Clear Finish which is a brushing lacquer. I like it because
it builds well and sands easy; all in all, an excellent product for DIY.

I now have a need for another gallon and it is unavailable locally.

Have you tried paint stores, or just the home centers?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 21:22:43 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

"dadiOH" wrote in :

For many years, my favorite clear top coat for tables, cabinets and the like
has been Deft Clear Finish which is a brushing lacquer. I like it because
it builds well and sands easy; all in all, an excellent product for DIY.

I now have a need for another gallon and it is unavailable locally.

Have you tried paint stores, or just the home centers?

The Sherwin Williams dealer here carries it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
"dadiOH" wrote in :

For many years, my favorite clear top coat for tables, cabinets and the
like
has been Deft Clear Finish which is a brushing lacquer. I like it
because
it builds well and sands easy; all in all, an excellent product for DIY.

I now have a need for another gallon and it is unavailable locally.

Have you tried paint stores, or just the home centers?

Not all that many real paint stores around, checked one, no go.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"dadiOH" wrote in :

For many years, my favorite clear top coat for tables, cabinets and the
like
has been Deft Clear Finish which is a brushing lacquer. I like it
because
it builds well and sands easy; all in all, an excellent product for DIY.

I now have a need for another gallon and it is unavailable locally.

Have you tried paint stores, or just the home centers?

The Sherwin Williams dealer here carries it.

Good to know thanks, I'll check them next time I am close.