Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpeckers Story Stick Hack

I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those
of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi
length story stick you might find this useful.

I do a lot of multiple cuts that are longer than 42", IIRC that is the
limit of my Incra miter gauge. I discovered today that I can extend my
Incra miter gauge fence using my Woodpecker story stick, stop, and the
connecting bar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/22/16 4:31 PM, Leon wrote:
I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those
of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi
length story stick you might find this useful.

I do a lot of multiple cuts that are longer than 42", IIRC that is the
limit of my Incra miter gauge. I discovered today that I can extend my
Incra miter gauge fence using my Woodpecker story stick, stop, and the
connecting bar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Nice.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:31:32 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those
of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi
length story stick you might find this useful.

I do a lot of multiple cuts that are longer than 42", IIRC that is the
limit of my Incra miter gauge. I discovered today that I can extend my
Incra miter gauge fence using my Woodpecker story stick, stop, and the
connecting bar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Looks like a lot of stress on the connecting bar. Maybe I'll try it
anyway. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those
of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi
length story stick you might find this useful.

I do a lot of multiple cuts that are longer than 42", IIRC that is the
limit of my Incra miter gauge. I discovered today that I can extend my
Incra miter gauge fence using my Woodpecker story stick, stop, and the
connecting bar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Looks like a lot of stress on the connecting bar. Maybe I'll try it
anyway. ;-)

I thought the same but I did not really have to tighten the connecting bar
very much at all. And I did not leave it set up that way longer than
necessary.
I wonder now if I could simply remove the Incra fence and attach the story
stick to the miter gauge.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

It looked like there was a gap under the story stick end. That
wouldn't be vary good as a miter gauge. I'd think it would be wobbly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I do not think it will wobble, at least the way the Incra miter gauge
works attaches to the fence. Just tighten the nuts and bolts.