Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Freud Router table and fence

There's a local CL ad for a Freud router table and micro fence which has
been there for a while. I'm trying to find some review of the micro
fence which come with it. I have seen videos about the fence, but no
input/review of it. If I can find some favorable input, I would
contemplate buying it but if not, then I'll resort back to my own DIY
micro fence.

Anyone know anything about the Freud RT and micro fence? I believe it's
the SH-5 model.

Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 15:13:16 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

There's a local CL ad for a Freud router table and micro fence which has
been there for a while. I'm trying to find some review of the micro
fence which come with it. I have seen videos about the fence, but no
input/review of it. If I can find some favorable input, I would
contemplate buying it but if not, then I'll resort back to my own DIY
micro fence.

Anyone know anything about the Freud RT and micro fence? I believe it's
the SH-5 model.

This one?

http://woodworkweb.com/woodworking-v...ust-fence.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

There's a local CL ad for a Freud router table and micro fence which has
been there for a while. I'm trying to find some review of the micro
fence which come with it. I have seen videos about the fence, but no
input/review of it. If I can find some favorable input, I would
contemplate buying it but if not, then I'll resort back to my own DIY
micro fence.

Anyone know anything about the Freud RT and micro fence? I believe it's
the SH-5 model.

This one?

http://woodworkweb.com/woodworking-v...ust-fence.html

I believe so as it looks the same.

My apologies, I meant to provide the ad link.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/tls/5595171357.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

There's a local CL ad for a Freud router table and micro fence which has
been there for a while. I'm trying to find some review of the micro
fence which come with it. I have seen videos about the fence, but no
input/review of it. If I can find some favorable input, I would
contemplate buying it but if not, then I'll resort back to my own DIY
micro fence.

Anyone know anything about the Freud RT and micro fence? I believe it's
the SH-5 model.

This one?

http://woodworkweb.com/woodworking-v...ust-fence.html

BTW, I did see that video but he didn't go into much detail about the
micro adjuster, which is my primary focus.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

There's a local CL ad for a Freud router table and micro fence which has
been there for a while. I'm trying to find some review of the micro
fence which come with it. I have seen videos about the fence, but no
input/review of it. If I can find some favorable input, I would
contemplate buying it but if not, then I'll resort back to my own DIY
micro fence.

Anyone know anything about the Freud RT and micro fence? I believe it's
the SH-5 model.

This one?

http://woodworkweb.com/woodworking-v...ust-fence.html

BTW, I did see that video but he didn't go into much detail about the
micro adjuster, which is my primary focus.

The micro-adjusters are nice for dialing in an exact fence distance.
You generally make multiple passes on a piece of scrap or sneak up on a
final setting for your cut. Those threaded adjusters make it faster.

Plus, with the in-feed and out-feed adjustments able to be set
independent of each other, it makes it easy to use your router table as
a jointer.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)