Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Olympus OM-2 camera

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have something you may be
interested in. email works
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:23:56 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have something you may be
interested in. email works

I am. Email me at
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have
something you may be interested in. email works

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital
made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what
happened to them now...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 08 Jun 2016 00:03:22 GMT, Larry wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have
something you may be interested in. email works

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital
made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what
happened to them now...

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to
go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice
piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on
Freecycle or similar.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/9/2016 4:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 08 Jun 2016 00:03:22 GMT, Larry wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have
something you may be interested in. email works

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital
made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what
happened to them now...

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to
go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice
piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on
Freecycle or similar.

Craigslist or Ebay. You may be surprised to find just how many
collectors of old photography equipment there are out there. You likely
will not see much $$ in a sale but. . .

Also, you could try selling it (and seeing current used prices at
retail) at www.keh.com Currently, OM1's are selling $100 while OM3's
are just over $200. That's for the bodies only.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/9/2016 4:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 08 Jun 2016 00:03:22 GMT, Larry wrote:

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to
go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice
piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on
Freecycle or similar.

Should have mentioned that the market for used Olympus lenses is
probably stronger than for the body alone.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/9/2016 5:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 08 Jun 2016 00:03:22 GMT, Larry wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have
something you may be interested in. email works

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital
made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what
happened to them now...

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to
go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice
piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on
Freecycle or similar.

There are still people who collect film cameras.

I am going to be unloading my Hasselblad and Cambo view camera shortly.
I haven't used either in about 25 years.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Craigslist or Ebay. You may be surprised to find just how many
collectors of old photography equipment there are out there. You likely
will not see much $$ in a sale but. . .

Also, you could try selling it (and seeing current used prices at
retail) at www.keh.com Currently, OM1's are selling $100 while OM3's
are just over $200. That's for the bodies only.

Was not familiar with keh. I may give them a try. If I can't give them
away I may as well sell them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/9/2016 1:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 6/9/2016 5:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 08 Jun 2016 00:03:22 GMT, Larry wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have
something you may be interested in. email works

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital
made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what
happened to them now...

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to
go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice
piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on
Freecycle or similar.

There are still people who collect film cameras.

I am going to be unloading my Hasselblad and Cambo view camera shortly.
I haven't used either in about 25 years.

If you have a large flea market you may tried to find someone there to
"buy" the camera from you.

While I did not try to get rid of an old camera. I had an old Olympus
camera that needed a little work. While the digital had replaced it in
most of my work, I needed the old camera for slides. An old guy at the
flea market with hundreds of old cameras fixed it like new.

Now I don't even have a need for slides.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-09, woodchucker wrote:

There are still people who collect film cameras.

Some are even returning to film. I've a geezer friend who is a
graphic artist (among other things). He has recently returned to film
with his Canon F(?) and 4x5 view cameras.

I am going to be unloading my Hasselblad and Cambo view camera shortly.
I haven't used either in about 25 years.

I shoulda bought a 'Blad jes about that many yrs ago. I screwed up
and went digital.

nb