Posted to rec.woodworking

Default any opinion on thickness planers?

Harbor freight wood planers
Makita
Dewalt
delta

etc

what has the best long-lasting blades?
easy to change blades
low snipe
best cost
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 20 May 2016 16:09:43 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

wrote in news:3a878001-c066-4a51-ad22-
:

Harbor freight wood planers
Makita
Dewalt
delta

etc

what has the best long-lasting blades?
easy to change blades
low snipe
best cost

The DW735 has a great reputation. Blades are easy but tedious to change,
run about $55 all over the place, but I have no idea how long they last
vs the competition.

The DW735X models usually have an infeed and outfeed extension table. I
don't have them, and have just gotten into the habit of supporting the
board as it comes out of the planer. As long as I do that, the snipe is
minimal if present at all.

The tables are available for the DW735 (item number DW7351). Amazon
has them for $50.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7351-Folding-Table-Planer/dp/B0000CCXUA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463797182&sr=8-2&keywords=dewalt+dw735

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Harbor freight wood planers
Makita
Dewalt
delta

etc

what has the best long-lasting blades?

Any with non disposable blades.
If you want bench top, look for a Ryobi AP 10 planer, it has non disposable
blades but has been out of production for years. I bought one new before
any one else was making bench top planers, mid 80's. IIRC

easy to change blades

Ryobi AP10

low snipe

This also has a lot to do with "your" technique, it is not just the planer.

best cost

Festool does not offer one yet.

Question about smoothness from thickness planers mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net Woodworking 38 June 18th 06 12:39 PM
your opinions regarding feed table heights thickness planers. marc rosen Woodworking 2 March 9th 06 04:25 AM
Planers... Christian Woodworking 0 October 28th 05 03:10 AM
Cheap thickness planers habbi Woodworking 14 February 25th 05 03:21 AM
Delta 12" Portable Thickness Planer or 22" Shop Built Thickness Sander? tillius Woodworking 11 December 21st 04 12:27 AM