Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool Paper on a Bosch Sander

I gave this a try tonight, and had disappointing results. The problem is
that Festool paper uses a wider hole pattern than the Bosch, so you have to
make new holes in the paper for the dust collection to work.

The paper itself worked fantastically, with no sign of wear on the grit
after about 20 minutes of sanding old ballast and Homasote. Dust
collection was poor, but you're not going to get 99% collection with a
Festool Sander & Paper combination when removing old ballast. However, it
was worse than I remember a Festool sander doing with the same paper.

If anyone has some suggestions for a 24 grit or similar paper that will fit
a 5" ROS sander, I'd be happy to give them a try. Otherwise, I'll look in
to buying some boulder paper for a 3x21 belt sander.

I'm trying not to compare Festool vs Bosch sanders, that's not the point...
but using the one then the other it's easy to see why the higher priced one
costs 8 times as much.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2016 11:39 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
[...]

Festool paper is really good but...

If you need a paper to fit most anything,,, But it only goes down to 60
grit. AND I am not sure if it is intended for removing paint. It may
load up quickly.

http://www.rockler.com/norton-5-norzonreg-sanding-discs-with-universal-hole-pattern?sid=V20045&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=em ail&utm_term=Image+-+%25%25$product.6.product_url%25%25?sid%3DV20045&u tm_content=Feast+Your+Eyes+On+Project+Tools+And+Su pplies&utm_campaign=042216_b_r_PS_Project_Supplies _V20045
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 04/21/2016 11:39 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

If anyone has some suggestions for a 24 grit or similar paper that will fit
a 5" ROS sander, I'd be happy to give them a try. Otherwise, I'll look in
to buying some boulder paper for a 3x21 belt sander.

I don't know I've ever seen under 40 (and can't be really positive about
that) for 5" ROS; just not the normal application for the tool.

But, if anybody has a chance't at it, I'd guess it'd be Klingspor...

You could always by blanks and punch the holes, of course.

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Puckdropper, HammerB wrote:
You need Klingspor paper

--