Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fuji 4 stage not putting out enough lacquer

My trusty Fugi 4 stage is not putting out enough Hydrocote. Even spraying water is not really putting out the usual size and volume. No problems in the past!

I have cleaned the gun 2 or 3 times. I also replace the new air tube from the gun to the cap frequently..

How to I check the turbine itself?

Len
Posted to rec.woodworking

Forget it. Problem solved!

The fitting on the bottom of the gun that feeds pressurized air to the cap was totally plugged up. I had the impression that it was a "never to be removed" item - but I had nothing to lose.

Actually, it was the first time in about 8 years that the gun has not worked without problems.

Len

On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 3:02:35 PM UTC-5, Len wrote:
My trusty Fugi 4 stage is not putting out enough Hydrocote. Even spraying water is not really putting out the usual size and volume. No problems in the past!

I have cleaned the gun 2 or 3 times. I also replace the new air tube from the gun to the cap frequently..

How to I check the turbine itself?

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/14/2016 6:05 PM, Len wrote:
Forget it. Problem solved!

The fitting on the bottom of the gun that feeds pressurized air to the cap was totally plugged up. I had the impression that it was a "never to be removed" item - but I had nothing to lose.

Actually, it was the first time in about 8 years that the gun has not worked without problems.

Len

On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 3:02:35 PM UTC-5, Len wrote:
My trusty Fugi 4 stage is not putting out enough Hydrocote. Even spraying water is not really putting out the usual size and volume. No problems in the past!

I have cleaned the gun 2 or 3 times. I also replace the new air tube from the gun to the cap frequently..

How to I check the turbine itself?

Len

You should have a filter on the air intake too. If that fitting was
plugged, it sounds like the filter might need looking at.

--
Jeff