Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Turning tool quality

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 15:25:09 -0800 (PST)
Bill Leonhardt wrote:

original owners. I am trying to identify whether they have good
steel and are worth keeping for my future turning aspirations. In
the future, I expect to turn some furniture parts, a few bowls, but
turning will not be the main part of my woodworking efforts.

keep them sharp and use them

the material is not relevant

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill Leonhardt wrote:

original owners. I am trying to identify whether they have good
steel and are worth keeping for my future turning aspirations. In
the future, I expect to turn some furniture parts, a few bowls, but
turning will not be the main part of my woodworking efforts.

keep them sharp and use them

the material is not relevant

That's my thought as well.

I'm no expert but from what I have read, seen and experimented with, one
could use a sharpened piece of steel with good results.

I have a cheap beginner set which I keep sharpened and they do a very
good job.

Turning tool quality Bill Leonhardt[_2_] Woodworking 8 March 14th 16 04:26 PM
What hand tool brands are the best quality? [email protected] Home Repair 36 December 2nd 15 04:24 AM
Tool quality. Robatoy Woodworking 52 November 19th 05 10:49 PM
Choosing tool quality [email protected] Home Repair 13 March 23rd 05 02:12 AM
Tool quality. Bob Martin Woodworking 0 March 7th 05 01:49 PM