Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF borescope?

HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:07:11 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop" wrote:

HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

As the late great Yogi Berra once said "deja vu all over again"?

http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...ra-783221-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/16/2015 11:07 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

I'm curious. I imagine you are intending to drill the holes in from the
rear of the cabinet. Assuming so, could you perhaps just drill through
the cabinet back - NOT into the drawer itself - and then try to tap the
drawer loose with a mallet and a large dowel?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/16/2015 11:07 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

if you're not in a rush I would try something like this.
A lot cheaper, you can use a laptop, get a better image.
The HF is a crappy image.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171573739053...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just search and look for similar to this item, you'll find different
resolutions.
The nice thing is the long capability, some of them go more than 15 feet.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
On 10/16/2015 11:07 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

if you're not in a rush I would try something like this.
A lot cheaper, you can use a laptop, get a better image.
The HF is a crappy image.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171573739053...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just search and look for similar to this item, you'll find different
resolutions.
The nice thing is the long capability, some of them go more than 15 feet.

I have one of these and the LED is very helpful. OK for the
occasional use like this.

--
GW Ross

Don't hate yourself in the morning -
sleep till noon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

Another version ...

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...13&cat=1,43456

.... this one has a waterproof probe - the HF unit doesn't say ?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/16/2015 10:07 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Might be just a bad one but the one I bought was all but worthless.
Blurry image (thinking bad camera chip as all else works) Problem was I
never buy their extended protection and as it was on sale for even less
than this price, I grabbed it on impulse and set it on a shelf for
future need.

Take a look on Ebay for USB "Endoscope" or some such combo. Bought one
that plugs into a laptop or netbook USB, is illuminated and had about a
3 meter cord. You can attach the camera head to most anything (fish
tape) and the video quality is 200$ - 300% better. Cost? About $20

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

Can it be used for a DIY colonoscopy? That would be a real time and
money saver.