Posted to rec.woodworking

Default K & F Band Saw

How good are the band saws from K & F? I have an opportunity to buy one
but uncertain of the overall integrity as well as ability to find parts.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

I forgot to add, in case it matters, the model number is a WRS-141

---

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/15/2015 9:34 AM, Meanie wrote:
How good are the band saws from K & F? I have an opportunity to buy one
but uncertain of the overall integrity as well as ability to find parts.

No klew; never heard of it before. Google can only find a few old
auctions, etc., one of which had a close up of a name tag from same
model no. w/ "Made in Taiwan". Looks like a Rockwell/Delta 14" knockoff
(aren't they all?) so likely the various things really likely needing
such as bearings, tires, etc., can be cobbled from independent sources.

Castings or other specific pieces I'd guess "not so much"...

I'd not invest much methinks...

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

I don't plan on it. I may offer $100 and see what happens.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/15/2015 3:58 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 10/15/2015 12:48 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/15/2015 9:34 AM, Meanie wrote:
How good are the band saws from K & F? I have an opportunity to buy one
but uncertain of the overall integrity as well as ability to find parts.

No klew; never heard of it before. Google can only find a few old
auctions, etc., one of which had a close up of a name tag from same
model no. w/ "Made in Taiwan". Looks like a Rockwell/Delta 14" knockoff
(aren't they all?) so likely the various things really likely needing
such as bearings, tires, etc., can be cobbled from independent sources.

Castings or other specific pieces I'd guess "not so much"...
I'd not invest much methinks...

--

I don't plan on it. I may offer $100 and see what happens.

Probably can't go too wrong going in with that in mind. I really could
find absolutely nothing identifying who that might have been; must've
been a really short-lived startup attempt...